Do Tarot Cards Lie?

wulzcat

And I always thought it was because giving people other avenues of self-discovery challenged the hegemony of the "Church Fathers" in our patriarchal system of religious mind-control.

Well yes, that too, very much so... :) Within the church at least - as I understand it - there is the idea that, self-determined or not, if you open yourself up to God and God's will you won't go too far wrong. But if you open your channels to other non-specific spiritual agencies then your advice could be coming from anyone/thing. And in becoming dependent on that guidance - which could be true, or false, or a mixture of the two - you are essentially turning yourself into an empty vessel and potentially exposing yourself to harm. Whether or not you support this belief in spiritual agencies, misapplied dependence on divinatory systems can become very disempowering and damaging. Not because the cards themselves lie, but because the seeker's energy is skewed or blocked in some way. You could say the seeker themself is like a reversed card...! But like a reversed card can always be turned upright. :)

Zezina

Sometimes misperceptions are not about lying, but about seeing what one wants to see, and hearing what one wants to hear. This can apply to the client too.

Years ago my then boss told me about the wonderful Tarot card reading she had received, and went into considerable detail about the things the Tarot reader had said to her.

Next day later she brought me a tape of the Tarot reading, as she wanted me to be able to hear all the wonderful news for myself. I took the tape home and played it, and I was astonished because the reader had not actually said any of the things that my boss had 'heard' her say.

Of course my boss was completely unaware of the discordancy - she had heard what she desperately wanted to hear.

I didn't say anything of course, but it was a very valuable insight for me.

Stark Raven

I totally 'get' what you are saying and believe that Ceste said it all right off the bat.

I've had a small amount of readings, where I could have sworn that the Tarot evaded presenting me with foresight re an obstacle I'd be dealing with; thus allowing me to maintain my more positive mindset to tackle it. When this has happened, I have been thankful. I don't see it as lying though, I see it as purposely not providing me with the entire picture as it would be detrimental under my circumstance. Sometimes it certainly isn't in our best interest to see the picture in its entirety.

ghost271

This is the reason i dont read tarot for myself but rather use two other oracle decks. My main one, The Wolf Cards of been dead on accurate regarding my marriage, home, and children as well as my job situations at the time. The oracles are cut and dry. The Tarot has a lot of interpruting to do and when we are emotionally biased reading for ourselves, that interpretation gets skewwed.

Carla

This is the reason i dont read tarot for myself but rather use two other oracle decks. My main one, The Wolf Cards of been dead on accurate regarding my marriage, home, and children as well as my job situations at the time. The oracles are cut and dry. The Tarot has a lot of interpruting to do and when we are emotionally biased reading for ourselves, that interpretation gets skewwed.

I am discovering that Lenormand is a similar tool for me. Cut and dried, most definitely.

Stark Raven

I looked over this thread again and noticed something. You say you have tried to keep faith in the future turning out positive. Still, the very fact this thread exists says otherwise. I don't question that you believe you have tried. Now perhaps the positive overtone of the readings tells you everything will be okay if you just believe it (100%). What is the worst that could happen if things continue as they are? What is the worst that could happen if you put all of your faith in a positive outcome? Is there any difference between the two? So all I'm saying is that I'd play the Fool and put ALL of my faith in a positive outcome. It seems I'd have nothing more to lose.

Blessings to you!

The question was would I be able to pay off all of my debts in the next 14 days?

As an aside note the payment of the debt was for the lawyer and a credit card bill!

So here it all came out

Ace of Wands
Ace of Cups
2 of Cups
10 Pentacles
Empress
Temperance
Star

PS - In reference to this reading; when looking to answer questions of importance, myself, I prefer to avoid yes or no queries. They aren't exactly accurate, at least that's been my experience.

Lorraine1100

I have spent some time redaing back through these replies - and thank you for everybody wo has taken the time and effort to give thoughtful thought-provoking answers.

The tarot cards are still coming out positive - why I don't know. Maybe I need to look at the Wolf Cards and see if that is something that would be more accurate.

I have also had the feeling that my spirit guide - or gatekeeper - is a bit of a troublemaker as well, but I have no proof only to say that when things should have had a more positive outcome, the relaity has been much removed from that.

I was massively upset yesterday and the cards came out pretty dire - but that was more a state of my mind than anything else. I have done two readings for myself (again logged in my book) and once again really positive stuff has come out two aces (sword and Cup) in one of them. What is going on I ask myself? I have no answer, but I just have to sit this out. I told the lawyer yesterday that once this issue is resolved we are gone - the house will be put up for sale and a break free situation will prevail. Is it this house that doesn't want us anymore - I don't know. I do know that whenever a place is no longer for you it finds ways of working you out!

Stark Raven

Keep your chin up Lorraine1100;

The cards are telling you to. I want to caution you though, remember the words of wisdom offered us by the 5 of Wands... The outlook you have may manifest if you focus on it! You seem down; cheer up, I have reason to believe that things will indeed change... remain open to that energy!

Narwhallove

The tarot cards are still coming out positive - why I don't know. Maybe I need to look at the Wolf Cards and see if that is something that would be more accurate.

Lorraine, best of luck to you and your family. It sounds like a nightmarish legal/financial situation. Many wiser persons than I have said truly luminous matters that I hope you can take heart to.

I am wondering that perhaps you are doing more readings than can be helpful. As Mellifluous said, part of practicing tarot involves "paradoxically ... trusting your intuition, instead of relying on the cards too much." It sounds like you are doing more than one reading a day on this situation (?) and even if it were once a day, that's still more than enough. So many readings can be cacaphonous and start canceling one another out. Plus, the universe may be fed up with so much querying. You're definitely in a distressing situation and it's hard to know when your mind is clear. (I had a very tough year last year and was in no shape to interpret cards.)

Perhaps reading and overreading the cards is distracting you from something concrete you can do in your situation. Not in the legal battle, but finding ways to restore yourself as much as you can—like relaxing! finding some kind of pleasure you can still enjoy! taking care of your mind and body! Last year, my siblings and I made sure to carve out time for jogs, cooking good food, going for a drive in the country. The situation didn't improve, but WE did.

Surely all this thinking about the legal battle is exhausting you and what you need to do is replenish yourself with things as good as your cards: bubble baths (Ace of Cups), a good book (Ace of Swords), going outdoors (the Sun), etc. I'm not reinterpreting the cards, but I'm thinking they could be inspiration for something you NEED.

Perhaps limit yourself to reading once a week or once every two weeks. Surely then you'll find more clarity and progress in the process, and maybe you'll feel more relaxed after taking care of yourself.

Best of luck.

Lorraine1100

I walk the dogs twice a day over the field and I have some part time work next week through the local employment agency which I was told about yesterday - it's not enough money but you know what it is something and is £60.00 more than having £0 in the bank account. I won £10.00 on last nights national lottery too!

I have only been doing the cards for this legal matter when we have either received a legal letter, or after we have have come back from the solicitors. I have resolved that whatever will be will be and I cannot change that, but our solicitor feels that we have a damn good case, but financially it is challenging us. We did not want a legal battle with anyone, but we had it visited upon us so we have to fight it. The person on the other side has committed fraud but our solicitor has told us that when it gets to Court they will ask the Judge to look at that. Our solicitor is holding back at the moment as she wants them to continue to make mistakes and perhaps further criminal acts then she will take that further.

I have always, always , always had a positive gut feeling about this in my solar plexus, but I am probably protecting myself mentally that if I did not worry and think and re-assess the situation and question everything, I could be setting myself up for a fall - if you see what I mean.

Ironically the house that we really want to move to is still on the market and when I sat down yesterday afternoon in the sunshine with a cup of tea and did the cards over that future possible house everything came out once again really positive. As I said our home right now is actually unsaleable while this problem is going on although once it is over and the matter resolved we would be able to sell it then. No one wll take on a house with a legal battle in full motion. Looking at it another way though is that this house will finally release us when we have got it sorted.

I do the cards daily for all sorts of things, mainly finances and it is just empowering to see a whole group of cards that is very good. I take the point though that every cloud has a silver lining.