Can a deck say, "Haven't you got the message yet . . . ?"

SunChariot

Thanks Babs,
I guess your reply demonstrates something I didn't take into account.
I had never thought the question would be answered but in the same reading caution against giving it . . ?!?!
I would assume you are speaking of nuances . . .
I tended to believe that if we take the wisdom in the process into account - if a querant wasn't supposed to know, they wouldn't be told . . .

Jim

Anytime, I love to share Tarot experiences, as I love Tarot so much. :grin:

But actually what i meant was that the cards would not answer at all. The answer was simply that the querent was not meant to get an answer to the question and the reason why she was not meant to. (that it would ruin a life lesson she was meant to learn by learning the answer by herself, the the trial and error of it contained an important lesson for her that she was meant to learn first-hand for herself).

That has happened to me a few times. Once that I remember clearly, that answer can up and the querent told me that 4 other readers had already told her the exact same thing and she was hoping that I would be different and would find the answer for her. When we are not meant to know something, then we are not meant to know it and if we are not meant to the cards will not tell us.

So the reading did NOT answer the question, refused to answer it and just said that it was not appropriate for the querent to know what she asked right now and why. There was no answer from the cards other than that on those occasions when this happened.

Babs

SunChariot

And that yes on other completely SEPARATE occasions I have also seen the cards answer a different question from the one asked. They will sometimes answer the reason the person asks the question instead of that they actually asked.

Eg if someone asks "What is Bobby doing right now?" The answer from the cards might tell them what they need to do to heal their feelings of jealousy. They never asked anything about jealousy, just what he was doing....but the card may see beneath that and see that the reason they want to know so much is that they feel jealous and it is hurting them. Sometimes the answer is what they need to know, not what they actually asked.

Or sometimes the cards will just ignore the question completely and tell them something they need to know more, when it is very very important for them to know it.

Babs

Barleywine

Or sometimes the cards will just ignore the question completely and tell them something they need to know more, when it is very very important for them to know it.

I've seen this happen often over the years. It's where we truly earn our money (or our credibility if we don't charge for readings): bringing querents around to the appreciation that what they're getting is what they really need to hear, even if it isn't remotely tied to the specifics of their question. Usually, after some effort, I get at least a glimmer of recognition from the querent that can be built upon into a meaningful result. At least nobody has gone away completely dissatisfied, even if I'm not entirely thrilled with the connections I've managed to make. But, in my opinion, this kind of challenge is where most of the fun and satisfaction lie in reading the cards.

nord_drache

I've seen this happen often over the years. It's where we truly earn our money (or our credibility if we don't charge for readings): bringing querents around to the appreciation that what they're getting is what they really need to hear, even if it isn't remotely tied to the specifics of their question. Usually, after some effort, I get at least a glimmer of recognition from the querent that can be built upon into a meaningful result. At least nobody has gone away completely dissatisfied, even if I'm not entirely thrilled with the connections I've managed to make. But, in my opinion, this kind of challenge is where most of the fun and satisfaction lie in reading the cards.

Thanks Barleywine. I hope that when I am blessed to do be capable to do readings for others that this can be said to be true.

Jim

Lerena

I have had cases where I felt like my tarot deck was answering the opposite of what I asked. On one occasion a week or two ago, I asked about something I was lacking. Rather than answer that, it felt more like it was telling me what I already have. No matter how I looked at it, I already had the things it brought up. I'm unsure what the meaning of the reading actually happened to be, but after reading this thread I am starting to think it was telling me I already have what I need and I was being insecure.

I actually didn't know the tarot sometimes ignores the question and tells us what we need to hear at the moment. It sounds like my tarot deck did that recently.

danieljuk

I've noticed I keep getting the same message (with different cards) constantly until I either act on the message or things change (out of my control). The really interesting thing is when it comes up also in others readings for you :)

I think also we get the message often but don't act on it! inaction is probably a bigger problem