Trimmed Borders/Altered Decks Index

kalliope

yesterday I trimmed my copy of the Fairy Lights Tarot by Lucia Mattioli.

. . .

Here´s the pictures:

Oh, these look great! Thanks so much for posting them. :) I'm definitely keeping it on my wishlist now. I think I would enjoy using the deck a lot if I trimmed it.

Madrigal

yesterday I trimmed my copy of the Fairy Lights Tarot by Lucia Mattioli.
As I rearranged the cards to fit my reception of them (e.g. the "official" king of swords works as "my" emperor), the titles on the cards felt highly disturbing to me, so I (almost) got rid of them. Some fragments are still visible on some of the cards (mainly court cards and pentacles and cups), but right now I´m fine with that. If I´m bothered by them one day, I´ll try a sharpie or I´ll have to cut the cards a bit more on bottom and top. So for now I got rid of borders, most of the titles and rounded the edges.

Here´s the pictures:
Lovers, 10 of cups, queen of pentacles and king of swords
Lovers and 10 of cups
Queen of pentacles and king of swords
still beautiful back

Beautiful! Makes me want to reconsider this deck.

Tanga

Oh My Goddess! - looks like I've finally joined the ranks of "deck alterers" :)

Have trimmed my Crowley-Harris (Thoth Tarot deck) like so:
https://uk.pinterest.com/pin/507569820480661116/

The top is the trimmed, the bottom is the original.

I'm amazed how much fun it is to do - and how much more I like it.
:) :)

Will check out this thread more thoroughly for everyone else's recent endeavours soon...
(was just "dying" to communicate mine somewhere... now going back to complete the rest of the deck.)

Padma

A definite improvement, Tanga! :) Looks great!

Le Fanu

You should trim the whole thing, Tanga, they look much better with just images!

Pinterest is a bit of a pain; if you're not a member you can't see the whole thing, as a banner flips up asking you to log in or continue and then you have to log in with facebook anyway (which I never do).

I got a quick glimpe - enough to admire your handiwork. It's so therapeutic and the results are so rewarding. It makes the deck yours!

Tanga

You should trim the whole thing, Tanga, they look much better with just images!

I know - but I'm not ready to cut off the Crowley labels yet - as I still need them as a guide - seeing as I hardly use this deck. :) I can look forward to doing this later...

Pinterest is a bit of a pain; if you're not a member you can't see the whole thing, as a banner flips up asking you to log in or continue and then you have to log in with facebook anyway (which I never do).

I got a quick glimpe - enough to admire your handiwork. It's so therapeutic and the results are so rewarding. It makes the deck yours!

:) Yes - sorry. I'm not a subscriber and not very techie either. All will have to struggle with my Pinterest photos until my status changes.

Madrigal

Legacy of the Divine

I'm about to trim the black borders off my LotD deck. Has anyone else done this? I'm planning to trim right down to the pic on three sides and leave the bottom border which has the number on it. I did this with my Witches and it worked well.

Madrigal

Some first pics. The deck still feels a little heavy to me but the removal of most of the black-bleed borders has helped somewhat. I took off everything but the number on the bottom border. Gone are the Majors titles and Suit names.

Pic below...

Attachments

• photo-320.JPG
    photo-320.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 485

Marcus R

I bought a cheap Conver Marseille and would like to trim off the white borders. Should I round the corners or not? I noticed Gregory thought corner rounding was a bad idea on a Marseille.
Why is that and what would you all recommend. Are square corners the traditional production style for old Marseille decks?

I am mainly cutting it down because its cheap and I haven't done it before and think this will be a good practise deck before trimming the Druidcraft.
I'm cutting by Stanley knife and ruler so the deck won't be perfect (but bloody close).

rylla

Some first pics. The deck still feels a little heavy to me but the removal of most of the black-bleed borders has helped somewhat. I took off everything but the number on the bottom border. Gone are the Majors titles and Suit names.

Pic below...

It looks beautiful! Sometimes when I trim a deck I have to mark the cards with abbreviation of the name of the cards for easy recognition. The design of this deck allow the number on the bottom to be shown. That's great, in my view.