K. Frank Jenson - The Story of the Waite-Smith Tarot

WolfSpirit

I just got this book in the mail as a thoughtful gift :thumbsup:

It certainly looks impressive ! Off for a read now...

chowdmouse

Anyone know where to get a copy of this book?

Hi all!

I hope it is ok to revive an old thread-

I was wondering if anyone knew where I might obtain a copy of this book? No luck on Amazon or eBay, and it seems the original publisher/webpage is no longer up (I am a newbie, and apparently I am about 5-10 years late for a lot of these resources!). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Erin

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I hope it is ok to revive an old thread

It's perfectly OK to revive old threads at Aeclectic. Wasn't aware this thread was in TB&M, but I'll move it over to the Rider-Waite-Smith forum where you're more likely to get leads on the book.

rwcarter, Moderator of Tarot Books & Media and of Rider-Waite-Smith

conversus

Give alibris a try, or post an ISO thread in the Tarot Trading area.

Good Luck!

Abrac

I've been doing some searching and it certainly does seem scarce. Jean-Michael David (jmd) was a co-founder of ATS and editor that book. He's got a new website:

http://www.fourhares.com/

Scroll down a couple of paragraphs and there's a "contact me" link.

I know there's at least one member here who knows Jensen and might be able to help you out if they see your post. Or you might just start a new thread entitled "Looking for..." or "Where to get...", etc.

chowdmouse

rwcarter said:
...I'll move it over to the Rider-Waite-Smith forum...

rwcarter, thank you so much! I have been on a lot of forums before, and this is by far the best organized & moderated one I have seen! :)

conversus & Abrac, thank you for the suggestions- big help :)

truelighth

I have mailed JMD about buying this book a few months ago and back then he still had a few books left. Not sure about now, as I bought 3 of them for a friend of mine.

But the good news is that perhaps a new edition (with revised information) might get published. Frank Jensen is working on that right now. It is not at all sure it will be published, but if so, then it should be readily available.