anybody read during full or new moons?

Seafra

Moon phase makes no difference to me. Ah, but a windy night is perfect.

starrystarrynight

Seafra said:
Moon phase makes no difference to me. Ah, but a windy night is perfect.
:D Rain does it for me. As a writer (back when), I always seemed to get more pages done when the weather was wet. And I do enjoy reading cards when it's stormy outside more than any other time! Interesting.

Greg Stanton

My readings don't seem to be influenced by things astrological (including moon phases) -- but I do like Seafra's response. I definitely enjoy reading more when it's dark out, when the room is lit just enough so that the corners remain in shadow...

Nevada

I haven't noticed any difference in my readings during various phases of the Moon -- but it might be worth an experiment. :)

I do notice that sometimes my mood changes quite a bit during those times -- though I think the sign the Moon is in at a given time affects my mood more. I'm just not sure how it affects my readings, if at all.

ETA: I have noticed that sometimes when I go for a couple of nights unable to sleep it turns out those were full or near full Moon nights. BUT I'm so light-sensitive when I'm trying to sleep that it may have been a simple matter of more light peeping in through the blinds.

tarotgimp

I'm definitely more of a night time reader as well...if not very early in the morning, but that really depends on how tired I am when I get up. I find rain to be depressing. As hippi as it sounds I'm in a much better mood on sunny days, even though sunlight literaly makes my eyes sore. So like billy gibbons from ZZ top I wear my cheap sunglasses. None of this is really here or there...just some thoughts you guys are making me have. Which is one of the reasons I enjoy being here so much. :)

tarot gimp

-blessed be

SunChariot

I just read whenever I have a question that needs answering and I have the time and energy to get to it. I am sure I have read on some full or new moons....but I rarely know when they are so I didn't notice...

Babs

tarotgimp

SunChariot said:
I just read whenever I have a question that needs answering and I have the time and energy to get to it. I am sure I have read on some full or new moons....but I rarely know when they are so I didn't notice...

Babs

I use computer software. Makes it pretty easy to know when a full moon is when there's a constant graphic on my screen of the current phase. If this theory interests you at all PM me I can help you get this set up pretty easily :)

tarot gimp

-blessed be

franniee

Fudugazi said:
I suppose tarot readers are like seas - some are tidal, some are not :D

I am tidal! :laugh: Full Moons energize me. I love reading during them!

Merc Retro makes me tongue tied - I see what I see but I can express it effectively. Doesn't mean I don't read during Merc retros....just means it is harder for me to speak. :rolleyes:

I don't cleanse my decks and I am not freaked if others touch my decks.... although lately they have been manhandling them and that irks me! I may have to change my routine and only let them cut the decks!! People can't shuffle!! They bend cards and have grubby and sticky fingers. YUCK!!! But that is the Virgo in me! :D

Sinduction

Being Wiccan, the moon phases are of special importance for me. I do a month forecast on the New moon. I try to read on Full moons but it's never a set spread.

I plan my entire month around the phases so that's why it's important to me.

I'd assume if one isn't Wiccan then they would have really no need to pay attention to the phases.

IsisSophia

Hi all - just got to add my 2 cents here, since I'm a follower of astrology. :)

I tend to be affected by some full moons and not others, depending on the astrological sign the moon is in. Usually, if it comes full in a sign which is compatible with my own moon in Leo, I feel it more strongly and usually experiene an increase in psychic energy. Incompatible signs either don't affect me at all, or they increase my internal anxiety - like feeling fidgity or unclear mentally.

As far as whether or not to read at these times, I don't like to read when I'm not feeling peaceful, but I haven't noticed a difference in my afility to read during those times. It does seem, at times though, that those flashes of insight do not come as easily when the full moon is in an incompatible sign with my own moon.

~IS~