2 Mythic Tarot versions

Golden Moon

I've read that there are two different types of Mythic tarot version on sell. Can anyone direct me to the recent version available?

many thanks:).

Le Fanu

Are you sure you want the recent version? Have you looked closely? :bugeyed: Most people have been bemoaning the recent version and chasing up the older version...

Golden Moon

Are the images the same? or have they changed? Thats the thing I don't get. All I know is that there are the 1986 & 2001.

Amary

I would heartily recommend the older one. I have two copies, I love it so much. The newer one lacks a lot of the detail the older one has; it has a few pictures that I like better, but for the most part, it's kind of... sterile.

zan_chan

Good timing, Golden Moon! I just ordered the Mythic yesterday and was a bit confused at first as well. When searching on amazon, I saw that there were a few listings for the mythic which had different copyright dates. As far as I figured out, these are just the dates of various printings, not a sign that it's the new version. The new version is literally called The NEW Mythic, so it's hard to miss haha.

Let me if you decide to get it, and we can compare notes once they come :)

Annabelle

I have both. I highly recommend the original, and really don't like the re-done version at all.

Poke around and you'll find a thread or two in which both versions are discussed and compared.