gregory said:
I will BREED for you.... Just ask :D

*viewers, this is not quite the offer it might appear to be :D*

Ooohh...another offer!

Yip, just waiting for teleportation :D

I've been and gone and dunnit, so I bid you all a very good night :*

Le Fanu

Freddie said:
Boy, your Thoth collection will be cross with you over this lol...I wouldn't want Uncle A. upset with me lol..
Oh I think he'd understand. He would understand that this is part of the very root of tarot, the essence, and if I could catch him on one of his "exasperated-with-Lady-Frieda-after doing-the-Magus-Seven-times" days, he'd most definitely understand.

The arguments just get better. The whole tarot renaissance people talk about probably wouldn't have happened without this deck. Plus the fact - as has been mentioned - that this is the deck Kaplan stumbled across at that toy fair in Germany in the late 60s.

It really must be one of the most significant decks in the history of tarot in terms of sales, the first really mass market tarot. I say this because I see this on ebay much more than the 70s RWS decks (though not quite so much as the Jonathan Dee tarot...)

Well, I have cast my vote...

elvenstar

I wasn't sure if it's considered a 'real TdM' due to that Juno business, but since you guys say so... :D I have it and I like it, even though it's not my favourite. I see the point of focusing on one TdM though, so I cast my vote for it. :)

Aerin

All right, you lot nagged me into it.

I fancy a Minichiate for next year though. Or if that isn't really tarot to purists then a lovely Italian beauty like the Soprafino.

firefrost

Aerin said:
All right, you lot nagged me into it.

Oh Aerin, you should have held out - I got a couple of lovely bribes...!!! :laugh:

I fancy a Vieville for next year...

cardlady22

I'll watch for the year(s) you sponsor the Flornoy versions. :p

Vesper

It was my first deck, as a teenager. But it gave me headaches. I would vote for it if they had a category of "Ugliest Tarot Deck of All Time."

Sorry!

Aerin

firefrost said:
Oh Aerin, you should have held out - I got a couple of lovely bribes...!!! :laugh:

Curses!!!!

Ah well.

I would need bribing if it wasn't a deck which held a personal connection for me :D

Tarotgate in the making.

I decided to go Celtic Fairies for the Deck of the Year because Sweet Twilight was 2009. Pagan Cats is 2010 and yet I can't get it from amazon until Feb - it isn't released in the US yet I don't think.

Le Fanu

evelone said:
It was my first deck, as a teenager. But it gave me headaches. I would vote for it if they had a category of "Ugliest Tarot Deck of All Time."
Thus speaks someone who has never seen the Tapestry Tarot with its endearing rope collage.