I'm making a 'new' 'bear' tarot deck...

tarotlyn

:heart: That was the only style of chair/lounge that I could find that would work...and of
course it being purple, stood out like a sore thumb, so I had to add in some purple flowers...

Oh...that crown was a pain in the behind! :eek: that took the longest time!
...not to mention how long it takes to find the right 'other' little added stuff and then make it fit! :bugeyed:

Now I am deciding on the next card...hmmm???... not sure yet...I will be back later tonight
with another one...maybe...

Glad you like the Empress, GryffinSon! :heart:

BTW...did you notice her stomach?
This motherly card shows the Empress's potential to reproduce and create :)
tarotlyn

Miss Divine

Tarotlyn, I am really really impressed!! I just read through this thread and have seen all the cards so far, well goodness...I LOVE THEM!! You should be very proud of yourself! I love everything about it!!

tarotlyn

Tarotlyn, I am really really impressed!! I just read through this thread and have seen all the cards so far, well goodness...I LOVE THEM!! You should be very proud of yourself! I love everything about it!!

:heart: Thank you so much Miss divine...how nice of you to take time to post here.
I don't know about the 'proud part' because I am struggling so much with the problem
of being a 'perfectionist'...that just wears me out!!! I can't let go of something unless I
am completely sure that I have done everything little thing I can to get it to perfection...

Some of these cards may not look like perfection, but, they are the closest I could get them to it :bugeyed:

This is totally draining and I see why people only create 'majors only' decks! (which I do not really care for much)...
...especially if the artist is a good one! Then I want to see more :(

This will not be a 'majors only' deck and that is why I am creating them in no particular order...
the card I pick to work on is based on whatever Spirit moves me at the time I am looking
through my photos.
Now all I have to do is speed up, quit being so fussy, and get this done! LOL :laugh:
(Note: it is hard to change a strong habit you've had all your life! BUT it can be done...right?)

It is good to see you here posting :heart: Miss Divine and I am so happy you like the bear cards so far :)

:heart: tarotlyn

tarotlyn

THE EIGHT OF SWORDS is finished!

:bugeyed:...zowie...6 hours later since my last finished image...and I have the Eight of Swords :party:

I have to tell you I did have a LOT of interruptions! Phone calls, dinner, dogs in and out, etc.
Plus, I spent a couple of those hours 'making snow'... snow clumps and a 'falling snow' that
I could put over the top of the image as a last step...wow...making snow drops...one by one!
That was really something :bugeyed: I also made up a tons of little images and loaded them
into my software to speed up things for some of the other cards...I think it will really help.
Hopefully all of this work I did today will make all the remaining cards much easier and quicker...

So now I have made exactly '10' finished cards...so only 68 to go...YIKES!!!

I AM keeping excellent records so I know what I am doing at all times...right? LOL :laugh:
(really I am very organized!) I really think that creating your own deck like this would be a total disaster
for a person that is not organized and doesn't have good stamina or strong will :bugeyed:
...luckily I have all of those things, but it still wears you out each day...I might be lost right
after these are finished! (you know, like something missing from my life! Ha Ha)

Oh, I wanted to mention, (for those Numerology buffs), that I am in a '3' year until next
year and that means that I am driven to create something...thus it is...otherwise in a 3 year
I could be feeling miserable...not me! It is a party year, a fun year, a painting, singing, dancing year,
...and you have an abundance of creative drives! So this explains why I am enjoying it SO MUCH! :heart:
Oh, and house address adds up to a '3' as well, so I am right at home this year and having a blast making these little bears!!! :party:

Just thought I would throw that in here...

PHOTO The Eight of Swords finished

:heart: tarotlyn ... off to bed now! :bugeyed:

Attachments

• EIGHT.OF.SWORDS.FINISHED.jpg
    EIGHT.OF.SWORDS.FINISHED.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 102

tarotlyn

UPDATE: CORRECTING 2 CARDS: 3 Coins & 8 swords

:):heart: Hi! good morning all!

I decided to make 'better' 'whiter' background snow drops...so I have corrected the
8 of Swords... I want to primarily use 'white polar bears' for the Swords suit and some with
snow drops to extenuate the coldness of the suit. So I have replaced it (PHOTO #1 below)

Then I realized that I needed snow falling in my 5 of Coins card also...
PLUS a CRUTCH should be there! :bugeyed: (PHOTO #2 below)

Hope you like the changes. ...'change'...a woman's prerogative! right? :laugh:

I like my 'whiter, clumpier' snow better. I think my previous snow drops looked more like rain :p
I just spent 2 hours making 'different' sized snow for my future use!!! :bugeyed: :laugh:

I really need to get onto my next card... now I am 'drawing' one card from my reading deck
to see if I want to do that particular card next! LOL... (in a '3' year and I must play! Ha Ha)

Attachments

• 8.SWORDS.FALLING.SNOW.FINISHED.TWO.jpg
    8.SWORDS.FALLING.SNOW.FINISHED.TWO.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 96
  • COINS.5.WITH.FALLING.SNOW.FINISHED.TWO.jpg
    COINS.5.WITH.FALLING.SNOW.FINISHED.TWO.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 102

GryffinSong

Awesome, as usual!!! :heart: And I love the idea of using polar bears for swords.

tarotlyn

NINE OF CUPS is finished...

:heart: Thank you! Gryffinsong!

I just noticed that I have put 'Roman Numerals' *PLUS* digits (both) on some of the minors...:eek:
PLUS I have 'spelled out' the digit on some and not on others!!! EEEkkkk...:bugeyed:
...so back to the drawing board I go to fix it...tomorrow :bugeyed:

So I will have Roman Numerals on the majors and the digits will be spelled out on the minors.

PHOTO #1: The finished 9 of Cups

Attachments

• CUPS.9.FINISHED.jpg
    CUPS.9.FINISHED.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 95

GryffinSong

Aww, your 9 of cups looks so sweet and happy! :heart:

tarotlyn

:heart: Thanks! again! GryffinSong...

I had to attend to some other web design stuff today...back on track now...and will
start another card now and post it later tonight.

:heart:tarotlyn

tarotlyn

THE 10 OF WANDS ...Finished!

:):heart: Just finished the 10 of wands...so simple...

Sometimes the simple ones take longer because you have to find the 'just right photo' and
things will 'stick out' more so you have to concentrate on 'trying' ( :bugeyed: ) to get things more perfect
so they don't show so much! YIKES!

Most of the backgrounds are done in 'several' different pieces...bears are put on top, etc.
The sky for this one was done in 4 different pieces. There is MUCH more to this than you probably know :bugeyed:

I think these will all look better when you have them all together and next to each to each other.

This is truly a work from my heart, for Gladys: 3 days ago I mentioned that I have always
wanted a 'String of Pearls' plant (I call them 'Pea plants LOL) and yesterday she called me over
and gave me her (only) pea plant right out of her own yard. OMG!!! I love it so much and
I have hung it in my kitchen window so it can get the east morning sun. This morning it
is already greener looking and I feel it likes it here. Gladys is such a giving person, she has
done so many very nice things for me. You don't meet people like her, with such a good and
honest heart, every day. So I treasure each and every kindness she sends my way.
I KNOW she is going to absolutely love her bear deck. I am so excited to be getting it done.
Here is what a hanging pea plant looks like: http://www.5280flowers.com/media/ca...06f020e43594a9c230972d/s/t/stringofpearls.jpg

PHOTO #2: the finished 10 of Wands

Note: I have remember to transfer all my work over to my portable usb hard drive (so I don't
lose my work like so many have before me :eek:

One of my main problems is to remember to copy the 'original' photo to a special folder
so I can show you where I started from. I seem to be so excited when I first start on the
photo, that it gets changed before I remember to save it to the 'originals used' and then
I can't find it amongst my other 1,00's of other bear photos! YIKES!!! So when I come
here to post a new 'finished' card, it takes me awhile to 'find' the original I started with!
(I need to work on that because it is making me lose precious time!) geeze...:bugeyed: LOL :laugh:

Attachments

• WANDS.10.FINISHED.jpg
    WANDS.10.FINISHED.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 88