Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Live Tarot Readings Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive

Working your Intuition with the Fey

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Fey Tarot

Citizen

bleuivy 
Citizen

This looks like a really interesting study! I'll give it a try tomorrow if I have time away from the lab.
Top   #11
Citizen

Imagemaker 
Citizen

Quote:
Imagemaker-
I might there be a few pieces of advise you could add here?
I can only say what works for me:

Trust yourself, and accept (go with) the first thought that comes when you look at the card. Speak or write it--bring it from the nebulous ether into form (without judging or dismissing or making it "sensible").

Then later you can think or construct or make some meaning from those first throughts.
Top   #12
Citizen

snowy25 
Citizen

Ok, so for the exercise and the five card reading.
If I got it right the impressions and notes go in your own thread for example W.I.F. Snowy25 April 25 - May 1?
And after this post the five card reading in this thread?
Top   #13
Citizen

lunalafey 
Citizen

Ok, so for the exercise and the five card reading.
If I got it right the impressions and notes go in your own thread for example W.I.F. Snowy25 April 25 - May 1?
And after this post the five card reading in this thread?

All you 'stuff' goes into your own thread- Imagemaker's is up and is just how it should look- with personal ajustements of course- like if you want different date for the week
Top   #14
Citizen

snowy25 
Citizen

Thanks for explaning lunalafey.
*Snowy crawls out for a moment to post the thread*
Top   #15
Citizen

Imagemaker 
Citizen

Quote:
While shuffling the cards....without thinking....write down 3 to 5 things (or more) that come to mind while you shuffle- you can set the cards down and pick them back up to shuffle between each impression- or just let the impressions flow and note it afterwards
How can we tell the difference between thoughts and intuitive impressions?

I'd like to hear how others do it. For me, the thoughts come from my normal thinking patterns/situations. The impressions come without that--as though dropped in from outside me, not arising from what's going on in my logical mind.

In order to make space for them, I have to focus on the shuffling and shift myself away from *thinking* into receiving, as though I'm a blank TV waiting for a signal.

And it's hard not to shift into thinking while I wait. It's like making myself stay in Neutral, idling, when I want to shift into Drive and go!
Top   #16
Citizen

snowy25 
Citizen

What helps for me is just to let the emagination take over.
What's happening?
What could this action be about?
Why is this Fey doing this?
etc.
And then look at the position of the card and mix what you need from some of the awnsers into the reading.
Top   #17
Citizen

Imagemaker 
Citizen

Actually, I was asking about the impressions that come during the shuffling, before I see the cards.

Using my imagination and asking questions about the image is a separate thing for me.
Top   #18
Citizen

snowy25 
Citizen

Sorry about that Imagemaker.
I just thought you'd already done that.
But it was difficult for me to.
So I just wrote down everything down that came up and would like to know if someone else knows it.
Top   #19
Citizen

ncefafn 
Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagemaker
I'd like to hear how others do it. For me, the thoughts come from my normal thinking patterns/situations. The impressions come without that--as though dropped in from outside me, not arising from what's going on in my logical mind.

Well, if you look at mine, you'll see the first things that came out were quotidian thoughts. Then after that, some other stuff started to come in. I think you have to be willing to write down the normal thoughts before you can start receiving the intuitive impressions. It's like clearing away a layer of dirt before you can start excavating the archaeological finds.

Kim
Top   #20

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Forum Archive
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

The Aeclectic Tarot Forum closed permanently on July 14th, 2017. The public threads remain online as a read-only archive and resource. More information on our decision can be found here. Thank you for being a part of our active community over the past seventeen years.

Copyright © 1996 - 2017 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.