books?

Dragon Rider

I got my Gilded deck along with the Easy Tarot book-kit. I found the book by Josephine Ellershaw to be ok, but too simplistic for me, so I searched in Ebay and got a secondhand copy of the Gilded Tarot Companion book by Barbara Moore. It's still in the mail, so I don't know whether it will be more effective for me when I study the deck.

I also like using my Gilded deck for Tarot spells using the book of Druanna Johnston entitled Grimoire of Tarot Magic. I got mine from Amazon. I was originally drawn to its cover art which showed the Moon, Star and High Priestess cards from the Gilded.

rainbowmoon

lurking for ideas. I am reading 78 degrees of wisdom right now. looking for other book reccomendations to add to my growing list! ;)

amethyst57

I got Josephine Ellershaw's EASY TAROT HANDBOOK with my Gilded deck....

but I also have Burger's & Fiebig's TAROT BASICS...they help quite a bit

in my learning the ropes...

amethyst57

btw......what tarot workbook(s) is(are) the best for beginners?

DeaconBlues

I'm using the Easy Tarot guide right now, but soon I'd like to get the original companion book, especially since Easy Tarot doesn't include reversed meanings. Also, I've already seen where there have been some insightful passages briefly quoted from it here.

I'm getting ready to go through Mary K. Greer's 21 Ways to Read a Tarot Card. We'll see what that brings to the table.

PAMUYA

I liked Greer's book, gave me some great insight..let us know how you feel about it.

ThtDancerGuy

I was BAMM and I saw a deck and book kit. It was using the Gilded deck and a new book, by Josephine Ellershaw. I was wondering if anyone has read or seen a review for this book?

I've read the book in its entirety. I don't always agree with her interpretations – i.e. she describes the 3 of Wands (the image of the man w/ 3 Wands watching the boat in the distance) as having auspicious and fortunate times ahead of you, whereas I always felt that the boat was leaving and that the man volunteered to stay behind, symbolizing the need to leave something behind in order to successfully move forward. However, I do feel with most cards her interpretations have matched almost parallel my intuitive feelings. While I still prefer to intuitively read the cards, I will occasionally read her interpretation of a card if I feel a little wompy about a certain (or certain) card/s. Overall, the book did help me to get used to the cards when I first got them, and serves to be a helpful reference to turn to in a time of need.

Shages

I was BAMM and I saw a deck and book kit. It was using the Gilded deck and a new book, by Josephine Ellershaw. I was wondering if anyone has read or seen a review for this book?

Its called the Easy Tarot. I have it and the book is realy helpful. Ellwrshaw writes alot about using the tarot, not meaning.of the cards. I highly recamend it.