Whats your 'Tower' story? :D

Kgirl

The Tower may be different for different people.

Here is the latest.

My kitchen sink drain was almost stopped up. The problem was not in the sink plumbing but somewhere between the sink and the main drain.

I procrastinated about fixing it. One morning, in my three-card daily draw, there was The Tower staring me in the face. A little later I discovered water on the kitchen floor. The plumbing under the sink was leaking, adding insult to injury...aaaarrrggh!

About a year before the sink episode, I drew the Tower. When I went out to my motor vehicle to go about my daily tasks, I discovered that the rear view mirror had become unglued from the windshield.

Usually, for me, The Tower does not indicate earth-shaking events, just inconveniences. Maybe that's because the Tower is Aries, which is my sun sign.

Clearly you need a bigger Tower! :laugh:

Narwhallove

The Tower might be a symbol of the apartment block, or might be trying to tell you something about the apartment block. Are you secure in your tower? There's not a master key or anything like that, is there?! Sorry to sound scary but I think the Tower could be trying to warn you to be vigilant in your apartment block at this time... sorry I feel like I'm scaremongering but I would say, just be cautious. There are some funny folk about and this guy sounds pretty funny-peculiar.

Oof, I don't know. Thanks for this warning. The building supervisor has keys to everyone's apartments, but I'm not sure about a master key. I hope not! The super did say he's been here 20 years and "isn't dangerous." I am staying vigilant and will feel better once I have that pepper spray in my hand!

Edited to add: Also, an important principle re the Tower for me is the question: Do I recognize that this situation/thing is a Tower and do I take part in bringing it down, or do I let it collapse while I'm still inside? I'm very much committed to the notion that it's best to be active about the Tower than not—when possible, of course. It seems lots of the Tower situations were too sudden or difficult to do something about.

Narwhallove

I can honestly say that because of my "Tower moments".. I am finally free to be me and I am enjoying living my life for the first time in my life. I no longer feel guilty for sending my children to public school, or for being a working mom, or for not going to church, or for indulging in an alcoholic beverage occasionally, or for reading the romance novels that I enjoy.HB

This is truly the good the Tower yields. Or the greatness, I should say. What a story, HB! I'm astonished and pleased to see the ending to this awful affair. Our parents have far longer-lasting influences than we think, even when we believe we've moved past their neuroses or plain crappy behavior. Very sorry to hear about your kids' involvement in this. This may be straying from the topic, but I'd be curious to know if your study of tarot is included in this recovery.

Hlb9525

This is truly the good the Tower yields. Or the greatness, I should say. What a story, HB! I'm astonished and pleased to see the ending to this awful affair. Our parents have far longer-lasting influences than we think, even when we believe we've moved past their neuroses or plain crappy behavior. Very sorry to hear about your kids' involvement in this. This may be straying from the topic, but I'd be curious to know if your study of tarot is included in this recovery.

Well.. I am incorporating tarot into my life now. I don't know if it would be considered to be part of the recovery process though. I only purchased my first deck back in September, so I am still learning all the subtleties of the practice.

I am a firm believer in "The only way to heal, is to learn to let things go." I learned to let go, as a teenager. It can be difficult, but it's necessary.
If tarot helps me sort through my various emotions, making the recovery process easier, that's great.

Then again, if all it does is warn me daily so that can prepare for any drama that might be coming my way, that is also helpful!

HB

obeygravity

The Tower was my first ever talker card (lucky me, eh?). It actually happened right when I first got my first ever Tarot Deck. Like a lot of people, it was warning towards a terrible break up that still kind of bothers me to this day. I had been dating my best friend of nearly a decade and I kept getting the tower and the devil combo (sometimes with the nine of swords thrown into the mix). Totally didn't understand why at the time and certainly didn't make the correlation until he left me for someone else on my birthday (talk about a real best friend, right?!). Ever since then, I get kind of twitchy when I get the tower coming up for me repeatedly but it's never brought about anything like that again. Now it often times just signifies a massive change that's going into effect that's never as violently bad as that first time around.

MaineGirl117

How's this one for interesting..

Did a CC last night before bedtime, left it on table to think about for today. In position #1 was Emperor (I later realized this was 'my house'), Position #2 Tower

... Woke up (for no reason) this morning around 1:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. About 10 minutes later I started to hear rumbling outside so unplugged my computer and opened up the blinds (I just love a good storm)...

I sat down on the couch to watch, and 15 minutes later my house was struck by lightening!!!

My fire alarm went off, my circuit blew in my bedroom, the router/wireless devices fried and my power cord to my laptop stopped working altogether..

Needless to say, I grabbed the fire extinquisher and *investigated* every inch of my home for possible fires... All is well, minus the $150 spent on new equipment today!

Narwhallove

I sat down on the couch to watch, and 15 minutes later my house was struck by lightening!!!

ACKK! Gosh, is your house OK, besides the laptop? What a literal reading! (Well, without the house falling down, I hope!) Is the laptop totally kaput?

porcupines

How's this one for interesting..

Did a CC last night before bedtime, left it on table to think about for today. In position #1 was Emperor (I later realized this was 'my house'), Position #2 Tower

... Woke up (for no reason) this morning around 1:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. About 10 minutes later I started to hear rumbling outside so unplugged my computer and opened up the blinds (I just love a good storm)...

My fire alarm went off, my circuit blew in my bedroom, the router/wireless devices fried and my power cord to my laptop stopped working altogether..

Needless to say, I grabbed the fire extinquisher and *investigated* every inch of my home for possible fires... All is well, minus the $150 spent on new equipment today!

wow this literally brings the tower card imagery to life!

MaineGirl117

ACKK! Gosh, is your house OK, besides the laptop? What a literal reading! (Well, without the house falling down, I hope!) Is the laptop totally kaput?

Laptop is fine! I unplugged the power cord from the wall and the computer and let it run off battery storage when the storm passed through. The black box (breaker?) that's part of the cord was laying on the floor. I rent this little 'house of cards' house that's not grounded - it's built over concrete (I live in the South).

I imagine the electricity went down the wall and through the floor before grounding and that did something to that box! At *least* my computer and TV didn't go KA-POW! I would have had to make a claim on my renters insurance, and cover the deductable before they'd pay out the remainder.

An expensive lesson - put right before my eyes for several days before this incident! I had been seeing the 2/wands and 2/pentacles for DAYS before this and couldn't figure it out!

I'm guessing it was saying... "get a second surge protector and check the curcuit breaker silly!"

callistoluna

My big tower story was I recently left my old job under less than happy circumstances. This card showed up in a reading done for me with Death crossing it as the centre 2 cards - kind of scary.

Anyway, all was going well at work until I decided it was time to move on. Suddenly these people I'd been working with full time for close on 3 years turned really nasty towards me. I was so taken by surprise and very upset by this. I thought I knew these people.

All semblence of decency and professionalism just melted away and I was struck by how different they look now. Sometimes things look different on the inside to the outside and after I left that place, I decided I would never go back.