Anyone ever done a reading while high?

werewolfmoon

I've done a reading when I was drunk and angry, it was garbled rubbish and in the end my cards basically wouldnt read for me. I did a reading stoned and got the same result.

Freddie

I think this is recommended by Richard Gardner in 'The Tarot Speaks'. It is in a book I have here, but I am not sure it is this one. Good book, but he does say something really off-colour concerning Oscar Wilde.

Albano-Waite would be the perfect deck for this...LMAO...

Freddie

Shadowling

Iv had a reading by someone I knew who was both high and drunk. I can say that I'm uncertain of its accuracy do to the fact I could not stop laughing at the great attempt (and failure) that said reader went to to try and appear unaffected by said substances.

EmpressArwen

I would worry about it *seeming* more accurate than most. Like how Funyuns *seem* to taste amazing while high but are actually disgusting when sober. This would be especially true if you are a very casual user. I know many people who smoke constantly, so they aren't as affected. It's been 20 years since I've smoked so I'm sure everything would seem so deep and meaningful if I did.

Anyway, if it works for you, go for it.

Zephyros

I think it also matters how you see the drug in question. Weed isn't alcohol, and its effects and side-effects aren't really comparable. Some people smoke so often they don't see being high as an altered state (and this does not mean they are addicted or abusing the drug, either). Me, I smoke quite a lot, and if I didn't read while high I would never read. But I also go to work "high" and I do everything normally. Why I smoke is a different kettle of fish (having to do with social anxiety), but I can be high and you would never know it. Heck, I've even lifted weights high.

Not every high is the same, either. There are stoners who are sh*tfaced lumps most of the time, and they smoke in order to get to that state. Others have a quick puff and carry on with their days. Some types get you up and alert while others are heavier and make you slow.

Like others have said, all personal preference.

Zephyros

And how!!! Cannabis is one thing :cool2:, and then there is psilocybin :bugeyed:.

Or d-lysergic acid. Although what I wrote above stressed the "normality" of drugs, I certainly have experimented in going just a little too far, both for readings and rituals (sometimes they're the same). A simple "does he like me" reading is one thing, but an introspective, three hours long, completely flipped out drug addled meditative ritualistic reading complete with some sex magick thrown in kind of experience is quite another.

But in those situations it helps to know what to look for, since "messages," "interpretation" and "intuition" take on very different meanings indeed. And even if you don't know anything about magick, you must know how to deal with what you're taking, as the intensity of a reading like that coupled with whatever you're on can lead to disastrously bad trips.

DesertDream

I love reading cards while high. Id love to share an exchange with both parties high. Ive yet to experiance that. Or id love to experance soul cards on salvia. I can imagine it would be a intense experiance as soul cards is an intense shamanic experiance without drugs lol! I love the insights mary jane shares with the tarot, they go hand in hand. Also with the bible while high as well. Id prefer satvia to an indica anyday if you want to do readings for yourself or others. Just a tip:D. Enjoy with jasmine or green tea in the biggest mug you can find and of course there must be music!

Scarlet Woodland

Mugwort and wormwood can be pretty interesting if you're careful... though for goodness sake make a syrup instead of a tea of these unless you have no tastebuds :joke:

ETA: My cards think a ritual bath with these would be a plan ;)

violetdaisy

Well I can't answer about being high (tried acid and that was wholly unproductive - neon flowers growing on a pool table anyone?, tried grass multiple times in varied forms and actually think I have an allergy to some of the chemical compounds in it - breathing and heart issues how fun) but my mind is more open when I'm relaxed and having a nice buzz from alcohol helps in that respect, but too much and it becomes once again unproductive.