* Affect of color of storage bag on cards energies?

tarotbear

Black silk is the only thing in which to wrap your cards? - NOT! :smoker:

My go-to deck is wrapped in tomato red silk ... with a crystal about 2" long wrapped into the extra cloth (and a doubloon from a past Mardi Gras that had a Tarot theme).

Originally the deck was wrapped in a silk scarf with a black and green design on it. Someone who was looking through my deck informed me that the cards were 'depressed' and needed to be wrapped in something RED.

I have a scrying mirror wrapped in black silk ... but my cards are wrapped in red. :p

jolie_amethyst

If such rituals are important to you, use them if it makes you feel better. Plenty of people do. But just as many people don't, and seem to be doing fine as readers. My own experience mirrors that of most here. My decks that are still in boxes don't read any better or worse than the ones in bags. The one in a black bag doesn't behave differently than the ones in colored bags...and what's probably even more horrifying to purists, the ones I've stored in synthetic fibers read with the same level of consistency as the ones in silk or cotton.

No difference. NONE. So it's not hard for me to conclude that you can store your decks in whatever you wish...even a tube sock, as ana luisa mentioned earlier that her friend does.

I prefer silk or silk and cotton bags from Wyldechilde on etsy, but I do make a few myself, usually out of cotton prints for ease of sewing (my skills there aren't all that great!) Fabric is chosen strictly on how well it matches the deck; I won't hesitate to use a synthetic print if it looks better. And as nothing seems to affect the performance of the cards, I stopped worrying about how they were stored "energy-wise" about a week after I started studying Tarot.

I also don't worry about cleansing them, don't store them with crystals, don't sleep with them under my pillow, don't do deck "interviews", etc. According to the common myths, my cards shouldn't work at all. :joke:

nisaba

This might seem like a weird question...but does the color of your storage bag lining or box potentially affect the energy of your deck? I know colors have energy in feng-shui...so it occurred to me certain ones may be better or worse for my cards.

Absolutely not.

I choose the colours I like - a huge range of colours. All my decks work.

If you personally have different feelings about different colours, than those colours will alter the way YOU feel, but not the way the deck behaves.

gregory

Any of mine that aren't just in their original boxes are in dollar store bags. All sorts of colours; some with sequins, some with embroidery. The only thing about the colours that ever affects ME is if I have - say - a lurid orange deck and only a turquoise coloured bag left in my stash... Because that combo hurts my eyes.

So yes - colour is perception.

Someone once pointed out that there is no way to know that what I see as/call green isn't what you'd call scarlet. I haven't been able to look at our emerald green lawn the same way since- it WORRIES me !

Briar Rose

I found you a video on color and vibrational frequencies. I don't know how to cut abnd paste it on my tablet. So bear with me. I will try to find this particular one again and post it later. But I felt it was important for me to answer this post on color.

For me, I want to have fun with the tarot bags! But- specifically you asked about color! Color, is very important. Our mind and our body is greatly effected by color. Each color can be measured scientifically , and because you asked if color matters- that proves it does!

Red gives off the lowest vibration and asborbs the lowest frequencies. I am trying to find the video on why WHITE is the best choice for wrapping anything that is metaphysical and the reasons why. Bear with me please.

Don't be thinking that I have everything wrapped in white. #1 I haven't made it out to a fabric store yet, and #2, I love the bags I have and they are all different colors. But you asked if color matters and scientifically the answer is yes!

Why is that important? Because color can stop any vibrational frequencies from either reflecting or being absorbed.:thumbsup:

nisaba

Someone once pointed out that there is no way to know that what I see as/call green isn't what you'd call scarlet.

There are certain conventions. We refer to the colour of grass as green (in times of heavy rain - the rest of the time it's yellow or grey), and the sky as blue (except when covered in grey.

I notice a lot of people, even supposedly people without colour blindness, can't tell the difference between green and blue: they refer to colours very similar to the sky as "green". My mother has a grey van - I know because you can get that exact shade by mixing pure white with pure black - yet she calls it blue.

I don't care if the colour you see inside your head when you look at grass is the colour I see inside my head when I look at fire: if you refer to that colour and that class of colours by the name green and it's a grassy or leafy colour, than I'm happy. I just don't like it when people obviously get the naming of the colour wrong. Sincve when have you been able to mix blue paint by blending black and white?

Briar Rose

regardless of the color you eyes percieve, there will be certain vibrations for each color, and those vibrations will not be different from what your eyes see

gregory

There are certain conventions. We refer to the colour of grass as green (in times of heavy rain - the rest of the time it's yellow or grey), and the sky as blue (except when covered in grey.

I notice a lot of people, even supposedly people without colour blindness, can't tell the difference between green and blue: they refer to colours very similar to the sky as "green". My mother has a grey van - I know because you can get that exact shade by mixing pure white with pure black - yet she calls it blue.

I don't care if the colour you see inside your head when you look at grass is the colour I see inside my head when I look at fire: if you refer to that colour and that class of colours by the name green and it's a grassy or leafy colour, than I'm happy. I just don't like it when people obviously get the naming of the colour wrong. Since when have you been able to mix blue paint by blending black and white?
That's very unusual with green/blue as an actual "not seeing" - it's usually red/green (which is hard when you are dealing with traffic lights ! seriously - if you are that way they give you ways to get around it in driver ed !) But my beloved and I disagree FREQUENTLY about names for colours - even though I think we see them the same - especially blue/green and pink/purple. If I came home with fabric in the colour (a particular shade !) that I call purple, he would recognise it at once - and still call it pink.

But I actually do not believe that colour of bag in any way affects bag contents.

Annabelle

I don't think the color of a bag, box, or other container has any effect at all on the deck stored within it.

tarotbear

If I came home with fabric in the colour (a particular shade !) that I call purple, he would recognise it at once - and still call it pink.

Mauve or magenta? :)