asking about what people feels

Holly doll

The questions I really try to avoid are "is he cheating on me?" kind of questions. And asking about how your ex's sex life is going with someone else is a nunna. (Nunna yo' damn business.) I haven't ever had that question before but I'm sure it's been asked before.

I think each reader has to find their own comfort zone. There's nothing wrong with preferring not to read about certain things. The holier than thou attitude that can go along with telling the sitter you won't read about some specific thing is unfortunate, though, because it gives the sitter a feeling that they're a creep for asking and if someone doesn't feel good about themselves, they don't make more positive choices for themselves in the future. Other than that, though, it's up to you what you do and don't read on.

Totally agree with you; I tell the clients when they ask those "is he cheating/when will they break up/is he gay" questions that I won't answer that type of question; that it's not them, it's just where my boundary is. Hopefully they don't feel bad; they understand where my boundaries are & if they are uncomfortable with that they can perhaps find another to read for them...

trailanga

For me, it's not so much an ethics thing (although I suppose there is a bit of that too), it's more of me thinking that I just don't see how tarot can see how someone who you're not really that connected to is feeling..
We see questions like 'We split up a year ago, how is he feeling or what is he thinking?' - how is tarot or anyone or anything supposed to know that???
I've even seen questions like 'What did the guy I saw on the bus this morning think of me?' - The guy on the bus doesn't even know you so how on earth do you think you're going to get the answer of how he thinks of you (if he even does think of you) from a pack of cards?

I really, really think that tarot works well when you keep the querant (the person asking the question) as the main focus. It's their reading so the reading focuses on them. You may get information about people that the querant is directly connected to (a spouse, a family member, a close friend) but the reading is still basically for and about the querant.. That may be the reader or someone coming to them with a question or for a general reading but I really do not think that tarot is a mind reading tool that you can 'use' on anyone.

As for the ethics thing - I think if you're in a relationship with someone in any way then it's fine to ask about them, keeping yourself as the main focus so something like 'How can I help xxxx do xxxx?' or 'What do I need to know about my relationship with X?' but reading 'about' someone without their knowledge, unless it's just for practicing reading techniques is a no no in my book.
If someone comes to me and wants to know how an ex is getting on with their new girlfriend for example, I advise them to ask their ex and if they don't see them any more then it's none of their business and I'd advise them that maybe a more useful question for them would be something like 'What can I do to help me to get over my ex and stop worrying about his current relationship?'

Sorry if that sounded like a bit of a rant ;).
exactly the point. there are way too many readings such as this and at times i tend to do the same. yet, as i practice on the exchange readings section, it came to the point of annoyance that sometimes i am compelled to say, "why not just live your life boldly and ask the person what he thinks/feels rather than asking me what the person feels.

one realisation i had as i frequented the exchange reading section is that the tarot card doesn't build connections. it's the person who does it. though there are people who asked transformative ones such as "what's in store for me and xxx", which is to my liking, i think i'll start respectfully declining questions about feelings. then again, we're left with career readings -- what most people don't like asking about actually.