Page of Pentacles as obstacle

Miradeck

It could simply indicate that one or more children parented by one or both partners is some sort of obstacle: perhaps by hating the new step-parent or by playing off one natural parent against the other.

Or perhaps the issue of children-in-general: perhaps one partner wants them but the other isn't keen. Or they're both keen but one has an infertility problem.

Any of the above could be a real obstacle to the happiness of relationship.

Now this is an interesting perspective here, ie differences in opinion of having children in a relationship. Thanks Nisaba!

equeue

Dear fellow tarot readers,
I'm trying to understand how to interpret Page of Pents as an obstacle from a relationship (romantic/ platonic) standpoint. Pentacles being material stuff, does this mean that the obstacle would be related to evaluating what is realistic and what would be the benefits coming out of a relationship?

Can anyone shed more light on this page?

I'm new to studying so please bear that in mind ...my instant reaction was "hard to put down roots" due to immaturity. I've read on here that pentacles can also mean grounding and putting down roots for relationships. So as an obstacle maybe this person is unsure of commitment or may say they are undecided clear about a long term relationship?

Miradeck

I'm new to studying so please bear that in mind ...my instant reaction was "hard to put down roots" due to immaturity. I've read on here that pentacles can also mean grounding and putting down roots for relationships. So as an obstacle maybe this person is unsure of commitment or may say they are undecided clear about a long term relationship?

Thanks equeue for sharing your interpretations. Yes I'm with you on this, reservations on commitment would be a key word, similar to what PAMUYA pointed out above.

SunChariot

Dear fellow tarot readers,
I'm trying to understand how to interpret Page of Pents as an obstacle from a relationship (romantic/ platonic) standpoint. Pentacles being material stuff, does this mean that the obstacle would be related to evaluating what is realistic and what would be the benefits coming out of a relationship?

Can anyone shed more light on this page?

Your interpretation is definitely a possibility. It could definitely mean that, and if that was your first reaction then that is likely what it does mean.

That said, we don't all read the same way. And all we can do is tell you what it would mean for us.

Pentacles are not about material things for me. They are about goals. They goals that we set to get to where we want to go. So let's say here about relationship goals.

Pages are those who are inexperienced at what they are facing. They are fumbling around, making mistakes, learning by trial and error...

So to me, had they been my cards, it would likely be saying that one or both of the partners don't understand themselves inside, their needs...well enough. They are trying to set goals that are not truly what they want or need to be happy. Maybe they were told growing up that this is how to have a relationship, but what they were taught is not true to who they are and will not make them happy.

OR maybe they know what they want, but just don't know how to achieve it.But those are what that card would mean there for me.

Babs

moonriver.

Thanks moonriver. How did you come to the conclusion on Pents being overly critical? I would have thought that might be a Page/Swords behavior.

First, I should say I'm new to tarot, however I see pentacles as earth and anything relating to what is tangible in our physical world. For that reason, I imagined that that page of pentacles has the possibility of representing someone who is very observant and pays close attention to the details (those things grounded in the physical). This isn't always a bad thing, though as an obstacle I saw that it could be interpreted as someone who is "overly" observant--critical of others. I see the page of swords as "mastering" the mental realm in one way or another, but I see the negative of the page of swords as someone who misses things and jumps to conclusions without being properly apprised of the facts.

mary_leo

In my opinion, it could mean that the page of pentacles is someone who is always overthinking things.
I got this card a lot to represent a past love interest and he was always wondering and questioning every little detail of the pros and cons of our relationship. He didn't let it flow.

Hope it helps,
Mary

Miradeck

Pages are those who are inexperienced at what they are facing. They are fumbling around, making mistakes, learning by trial and error...

So to me, had they been my cards, it would likely be saying that one or both of the partners don't understand themselves inside, their needs...well enough. They are trying to set goals that are not truly what they want or need to be happy. Maybe they were told growing up that this is how to have a relationship, but what they were taught is not true to who they are and will not make them happy.

OR maybe they know what they want, but just don't know how to achieve it.But those are what that card would mean there for me.

Babs

Thanks Babs, again your analysis makes sense here. It's a little like being conformed by societal norms and not knowing how to react to new scenarios and new challenges and therefore they fall back into what is in the comfort of their knowledge, and what has been taught to them all these year.

Miradeck

First, I should say I'm new to tarot, however I see pentacles as earth and anything relating to what is tangible in our physical world. For that reason, I imagined that that page of pentacles has the possibility of representing someone who is very observant and pays close attention to the details (those things grounded in the physical). This isn't always a bad thing, though as an obstacle I saw that it could be interpreted as someone who is "overly" observant--critical of others. I see the page of swords as "mastering" the mental realm in one way or another, but I see the negative of the page of swords as someone who misses things and jumps to conclusions without being properly apprised of the facts.

Thanks moonriver for further clarifying. I'm new to tarot as well so I appreciate you sharing these explanations. From your explanation, I get the sense that Page/ Pents is critical on the observations but also could potentially be someone who jumps to conclusions due to the lack of maturity. But you mentioned this behaviour for the Page/ Swords when I thought P/Swords reminds me of someone who is potentially lacking in maturity in handling conversations as swords deal with communications and he/ she could end up offending others without knowing it.

Miradeck

In my opinion, it could mean that the page of pentacles is someone who is always overthinking things.
I got this card a lot to represent a past love interest and he was always wondering and questioning every little detail of the pros and cons of our relationship. He didn't let it flow.

Hope it helps,
Mary

Thanks Mary, this makes sense as well. I see this as someone who over-thinks but yet lack the maturity and approach in getting to the conclusion so they go round and round in circles in the world of pros and cons without taking the required action at the end of the day.
Thanks for sharing.