Major Arcana and the Thelemic Holy Season

Always Wondering

The Moon. Qoph.
Radiant Darkness
Liber VII 6

There are deep secrets in these songs. It is not enough to hear the bird; to enjoy song he
must be the bird.
I am the bird, and Thou art my song, O my glorious galloping God!
Thou reinest in the stars; thou drivest the constellations seven abreast through the circus of Nothingness.

Awesome.

AW

Always Wondering

The Emperor. Tzaddi.
Liber Tzaddi.

O my children, ye are more beautiful than the flowers: ye must not fade in your season.

I love you; I would sprinkle you with the divine dew of immortality.

This immortality is no vain hope beyond the grave: I offer you the certain consciousness of bliss.

I offer it at once, on earth; before an hour hath struck upon the bell, ye shall be with Me in the Abodes that are beyond Decay.

The beauty of all of Thelema, in my humble opinion.

AW

Aeon418

I think this is beautiful, though I only understand about half of it. I don't get the secret bone kept against the Day of Vengeance part.
The little secret bone is kind of a Hadit-ish symbol. Crowley interprets it as the baculum (penile bone) of a bear. It represents the core individuality. This verse asks that the corosive poison of the fang (Shin) penetrates right to the center of the self. This results in the destruction of the illusion (Atu XVIII The Moon) of mortality.

This is verse 26 which is the numerical value of IHVH. When the Fang penetrates to the marrow of IHVH it tranforms it into IHShVH - the Pentagrammaton which represents the primal Spirit blazing amidst the four elements.

Always Wondering

The Tower. Peh
Liber VII:1 (Those are not Crowley's comments)

VII Chapter one is very Mars like indeed and otherwise still over my head, even with (Eschlem's?) comments.

I turn to Book of Tolkens.

Deluded are they who say,
“Man liveth by the Mercy of the Lord.”
Know ye
That by the balance of Mercy and Severity
Is the continuance of every life,
Yea, and of this whole universe.

The little secret bone is kind of a Hadit-ish symbol. Crowley interprets it as the baculum (penile bone) of a bear. It represents the core individuality. This verse asks that the corosive poison of the fang (Shin) penetrates right to the center of the self. This results in the destruction of the illusion (Atu XVIII The Moon) of mortality.

I admit total ignorance. And me living on a mini farm. A baculum for females also. What a mean twist of evolution. I'd trade my wisdom theeth for one of those any day. :laugh:

Aeon418 said:
This is verse 26 which is the numerical value of IHVH. When the Fang penetrates to the marrow of IHVH it tranforms it into IHShVH - the Pentagrammaton which represents the primal Spirit blazing amidst the four elements.

Even more beautiful then.

AW

Always Wondering

The Devil. A'Ayin
Liber CCCLXX

All things are sacred to me; no thing is sacred from me.
For there is no holiness where I am not.
Fear not when I fall in the fury of the storm; for mine acorns are blown afar by the wind; and verily I shall rise again, and my children about me, so that we shall uplift our forest in Eternity.
Eternity is the storm that covereth me.
I am Existence, the Existence that existeth not save through its own Existence, that is beyond the Existence of Existences, and rooted deeper than the No-Thing-Tree in the Land of No-Thing.

It was tempting to copy and paste the whole Liber. But my point is snip for deeper reflection.
I'm going to use it as a daily affirmation for a while. It's so- well, affirming.

AW

Always Wondering

Art. Samekh. Triple Fire.
Liber Ararita Chapter Seven seems all about the hexagram to me.

My brain is ablaze. It only took me six days to overwhelm myself. :laugh:

I've got to go meditate on some quiet symbol. :|

AW

Always Wondering

Wow. The Hexagram. As a symbol I never took it into my mind and made use of it. Just always the philosophy of it. I've been missing out.

Today The Hanged Man. Mem.
Lber LXV Chapter 3

I am loving this today.

I have descended, O my darling, into the black shining waters, and I have plucked Thee forth as a black pearl of infinite preciousness.
I have gone down, O my God, into the abyss of the all, and I have found Thee in the midst under the guise of No Thing.
But as Thou art the Last, Thou art also the Next, and as the Next do I reveal Thee to the multitude.
They that ever desired Thee shall obtain Thee, even at the End of their Desire.
Glorious, glorious, glorious art Thou, O my lover supernal, O Self of myself.
For I have found Thee alike in the Me and the Thee; there is no difference, O my beautiful, my desirable One! In the One and the Many have I found Thee; yea, I have found Thee.

AW

Always Wondering

Adjustment. Lamed.
I've turned often to Liber Librae this year as I get in touch with my Libra Moon. I like it all.

Today I am especially liking this.
True ritual is as much action as word; it is Will.

This verse has been pestering away at me a bit.

A man is what he maketh himself within the limits fixed by his inherited destiny; he is a part of mankind; his actions affect not only what he calleth himself, but also the whole universe.

I get it in theory. Sort of. My actions affect so and so, which effects so and so, and I can see that to about 6 degrees of seperation. But the whole universe implies something bigger. Now we are back to the cosmic consciousness again. The greater good? Boy has that been used against me in the past. So could be some resistance there.

I bang my head against this wall from time to time. Never much get anywhere.

AW

Always Wondering

Fortune. Kaph.

For some reason Jupiter's correspondence in this card always feels stronger to me than other trumps and planets.

Liber VII Chapter 3

Let it be soon, O God, my God! I ache for Thee, I wander very lonely among the mad folk, in the grey land of desolation.

Boy can I relate to this. :laugh:
But seriously, on a deeper level, there is a lot of the grey land in these Holy Books. I am assumming this is a reference to the illusion of life. Mad implies delusion so whenever I am unaware I am mad also.
Case gets mention today for this.

The strife, the quarrels, the contentions
That thou witnessest day by day
Are the play of the Light and Darkness which I am.
All sense of effort,
All semblance of exertion —
Know these as illusion,
And with thy mind’s eye
See me entering into all.
Know me thus as the Conciliating Intelligence,
Which rewardeth those who seek;
And know, too,
That whatsoever a man seeketh,
He desireth me.

Strife as the play of light and darkness is oddly beautiful and calming. It gives me a vision of the world spinning in time lapse, day and night slipping by over and over in the blink of an eye. It gives me some perspective and I hope I remember to use this next time things feel contentous.

AW

Always Wondering

The Hermet. Yod

Case-

The “Ten Ineffable” are the unmanifested Sephiroth, or the
potentialities of the Limitiess Light, subsisting in eternity, which become the
Sephiroth when a cycle of manifestation begins. YOD is both Ten and
Twenty because the numeral value of the single letter I is 10, and that of
the letter-name I V D is 20. The Ten Ineffable Sephiroth subsist eternally,
but the Manifested Sephiroth come and go, as cycle succeeds cycle in the
cosmic out-breathing and in-breathing. During a cycle of expression,
therefore, when the Sephiroth are both unmanifest and manifest, they are
represented by the number 20.

Huh?
I will have my coffee and a good walk, then try again. :laugh:

Okay, I V D is Yod, it looked like 1 V D in the pdf. The Ten Ineffable Sephiroth subsisting eternally is not so problematic as it first seemed to me. It's just Malkuth that is hanging me up. I just figured Malkuth would stop existing when I did. :laugh:

After all, why would the world go on without me. :laugh: :|

Oh dear.

AW