It all started with Lady Cottington's...

lark

You know how sometimes when we don't know what people look like we asign a look to them in our head.
Well I tend to do that with my faerie cards and this forum.
Today my card for the day was Tobaira of the Waters.
And when she turned up I thought Wow, that is what I think Majecot looks like.

I'm not surprised your favorite is The Faerie Who Was Kissed By The Pixies.
Pixies love to kiss mystic redheads..it's good luck! :D
And a pixie is what brought you here.

Dark_angel

Oh I LOVE Dark Crystal! It was one of the first things I ever watched.

A few days ago I saw the 'The Art of...' book in a sci-fi shop (of all places), but it was way too expensive for my wallet, so I had to leave it on the shelf.

Majecot

lark said:
Today my card for the day was Tobaira of the Waters.
And when she turned up I thought Wow, that is what I think Majecot looks like.

And of course I immediately look up the card, Lark- thank you for such a wonderful compliment! Ok, she is much prettier than me, but I was surprised to se a cleft in her chin too. :D

dolphinprincess- was it your first fav card?

dolphinprincess

Majecot said:
dolphinprincess- was it your first fav card?

Yes, it was. In fact, I saw the picture of the Fairy Who Was Kissed by Pixies on Froud's website before I even owned the deck. I fell in love with it and printed it in color and have it framed on my bookshelf.. Its the happiest card I know of :eek:)

Chronata

The Faerie who was Kissed by the Pixies was my Universal card. :)
And I love that image so much! There is such perfect mirth in that card!

Seeing the title of this thread made me think back to the first time I saw the art work of Brian Froud...which was the Faeries book he did with Alan Lee. I especially remember the amazed wonder I felt when looking at the photographs at the back of the book and seeing real, honest to goodness.. faeries!

See, everyone? (I said )Told you they were real!

I also have to say that... like you Majecot...my favoritist movies are the ones you mentioned!

There were two movies that I saw in 1982 that I can say, without a doubt, changed the way my impressionable mind thought about everything, and even changed the direction of my life. The Dark Crystal was one of those movies. It still remains to this day, my undisbuted favorite movie of all time!

And Labyrinth...well, I just love that film for many many reasons...all of them a little too personal! :) (I swear I was paranoid for about a year after I saw it, thinking someone had followed me, and written a movie based on my life! well...except for the stepmother part...)

I have collected Froud artwork all my life! Which is sorta funny, because it took me Soooo long to get the FO!

Majecot

Chronata said:
I have collected Froud artwork all my life! Which is sorta funny, because it took me Soooo long to get the FO!

Oh I know exactly what you mean.. It took me forever too. My mother gave me Faeries when I ( I hate to date myself but) graduated High School, and I passed it to my daughter when she was little, ( that and my big book of gnomes). My children were raised on Froud characters, and just last week my daughter told me she just bought The Dark Crystal for my grandaughter. Now she walks around the house saying "oohmmm". lol.. we're teaching that baby right :D

I think I am on my third copy of each of those movies now because they get watched so much.

Aura Wolf

The Faery Who Was Kissed by the Pixies is my universal message card as well ;)

ScarabFlight

I like how on the Un Dressing of a Salad card Sally looks like a Gelfling Faery! :D I too, love the Dark Crystal and Labyrinth. Personally I don't see how anyone couldn't. ;)

*apologies for any misspellings*

Majecot

ScarabFlight your right!! She does look like a Gelfling.