Same cards showing up years later- The Emperor & Pentacles

Alexa899

Hello everyone :)

What do you think The Emperor could be saying? I met a guy 3 years ago and fell for him but he rejected me. He is 2 years younger than me and at the time he was at university. I asked about our future when we met and the cards that came up were The Emperor and lots of pentacles cards.

Now 3 years later when I had a reading about the future between us, it comes up with the exact same cards. He has graduated from uni now and is working- he is rich now, and slightly older. But he's still two years younger than me?

I went to the same reader as the original reading but didn't tell her it was about the same guy. She said it's describing a guy who is consistently there for you and consistently pursues you (the Emperor) and who tries to win you over with money (pentacles). She doesn't know it was the same guy as those years before- I didn't tell her as we're friends and she disapproves of him . I think it means hes a lot older and rich

x

rwcarter

Moderator Note

Welcome to Aeclectic, Alexa899!

While you can ask here in UTC about cards from readings you've gotten from other people, you still need to tell us what YOU think they mean before anyone else can chime in to try to help you. You've told us what the reader said they meant, but not what you think they mean.

Please take a moment to read the UTC Posting Rules.

SunChariot

Hello everyone :)

What do you think The Emperor could be saying? I met a guy 3 years ago and fell for him but he rejected me. He is 2 years younger than me and at the time he was at university. I asked about our future when we met and the cards that came up were The Emperor and lots of pentacles cards.

Now 3 years later when I had a reading about the future between us, it comes up with the exact same cards. He has graduated from uni now and is working- he is rich now, and slightly older. But he's still two years younger than me?

I went to the same reader as the original reading but didn't tell her it was about the same guy. She said it's describing a guy who is consistently there for you and consistently pursues you (the Emperor) and who tries to win you over with money (pentacles). She doesn't know it was the same guy as those years before- I didn't tell her as we're friends and she disapproves of him . I think it means hes a lot older and rich

x

What I think is that if the first time all you asked was about the future between you.... And did not set a timeline....And years later the same card came up....then that likely IS the future between you and it hasn't changed.

The thing, to me, is that if the first time all you asked about was the future, and did not set a timeline, that future talked about in the reading may well have been 10 or even 25 years later. And the cards now may still be talking about that exact same future.

IF in the first reading, you had asked what will happen in the next 6 months, and 6 months had passed, then that timeframe is over and what was mentioned in the reading is not longer relevant

But if you just asked about the future period, the future is a long long time, all the rest of your lifetime. So your future mentioned in the cards may still be yet to come.

Babs

Alexa899

What I think is that if the first time all you asked was about the future between you.... And did not set a timeline....And years later the same card came up....then that likely IS the future between you and it hasn't changed.

The thing, to me, is that if the first time all you asked about was the future, and did not set a timeline, that future talked about in the reading may well have been 10 or even 25 years later. And the cards now may still be talking about that exact same future.

IF in the first reading, you had asked what will happen in the next 6 months, and 6 months had passed, then that timeframe is over and what was mentioned in the reading is not longer relevant

But if you just asked about the future period, the future is a long long time, all the rest of your lifetime. So your future mentioned in the cards may still be yet to come.

Babs

Thank you Babs for that insight x it seems so obvious but that actually never crossed my mind before!! No i didnt set a timeline..do you set them when you do readings? I would love to do a timeline in this as it's a long time ongoing but it never crossed my mind that I could ask something so specific of the cards. In your experience has asking to timelines been fairly accurate? X

SunChariot

Thank you Babs for that insight x it seems so obvious but that actually never crossed my mind before!! No i didnt set a timeline..do you set them when you do readings? I would love to do a timeline in this as it's a long time ongoing but it never crossed my mind that I could ask something so specific of the cards. In your experience has asking to timelines been fairly accurate? X

I don't often ask about the future personally in the sense of asking what will happen. But if a querent asks me to ask about the future of a relationship, for example, yes I do point out that the future is a very very long time. The cards will answer what we ask so they could be talking about 40 years from now. I then ask them how about if we ask what will happen in the next 6 months or the next year. Usually they then decide on a time frame for the question.

That is just basically what I meant. You can Ask ANYTHING of the cards and they can answer. There is no question they can't answer. It's just limited by your imagination really.

As I was saying I am not fond of asking, for myself, what will happen in the future. That feels like taking the passive approach to life. Just ask what is coming and sit back and wait for it to happen, When it reality the future can change anyway so it may not. IF I have to do a reading for a querent of this type I carefully tell them always that the future predicted can change and most likely they can change it if they so choose. The cards can help them.

For the most part when it comes to the future, for myself, I prefer to ask HOW to create what I want so that I can set out to do it. Then just to ask what is coming and wait.

Eg if I want a promotion at work, I would not just ask if one is coming and be upset if the cards don't show it in the future. I prefer to ask what I can do now that will help me arrive where I want to. What steps can I take now that will dramatically increase the likelihood of getting the promotion? Then the cards can lay out the steps you need to take in order to arrive where you want to end up. And you can take them, and go where you want to go.

Or I LOVE questions on the nature of life. Like what is destiny and how it works. How much is destiny, how much in our own hands, what does it mean to be connected to the universe, what is the energy of life....? Those kinds of questions are my absolute favourites.

Or questions on how I can be my best self, asking the cards to tell me something that would make me really happy to hear, how to stop doing self-defeating behaviors so you can progress more easily.

To me those are the questions I like best. I rarely ask about what is coming in the future. If I ever do it is just a first step. To verify if I am going where I want to. If something does show up I don't want in my future, then I can ask the cards what steps to take to change it and remove it from my path.

So just to say....there really is NOTHING you can't ask the cards and that they can't answer. Even how to best read with them.

I don't actually do a lot of timing questions as I believe the timing of things can change too easily and is often off for that reason, even if the reading was accurate when it was done,

I once rather shocked myself though with a pendulum when I predicted the timing of something down to within 5 minutes accurately. I might have been able to get closer, but I stopped at 5 minutes and it happened within that exact timeframe too.

Babs

headincloud

The guy she's describing doesn't seem to fit your description for this man, I think it's someone else.

Alexa899

Thank you for your answers. I guess it wont be clear If it was someone else or not and also the timeframes unless something materializes in real life!
Maybe somebody similar? So similar that it comes up as the answer

Interesting about the timeframes I am about to post a new question and was wondering if you could input your opinion if you want to of course :) as I think this would be right up your street. If i link to it here after posting x

Butterfly1

Eg if I want a promotion at work, I would not just ask if one is coming and be upset if the cards don't show it in the future. I prefer to ask what I can do now that will help me arrive where I want to. What steps can I take now that will dramatically increase the likelihood of getting the promotion? Then the cards can lay out the steps you need to take in order to arrive where you want to end up. And you can take them, and go where you want to go.

Babs

I like your approach! But how do you do it? Do you draw one card or more? What kind of spread do you use?

rwcarter

Moderator Note

I like your approach! But how do you do it? Do you draw one card or more? What kind of spread do you use?
Please take this discussion to PM or start a new thread on it.