WHAT IS GOING ON WITH ME?

AussieHighPriestess

Hi Tarot Gang

Brand new to this forum. I dabble quite a bit and want to take my learning even deeper.

The above was my question, and I used the Celtic Cross Spread with Rider Waite deck.

I have included a few cards in the position number, then the position meaning below them.

Position 3 (above): 2 cups

Meaning: "Higher power/self. A view of what is going on that is both wider and deeper than the client’s conscious view, and connects the client to the collective. This is “Soul,” with its language, intuition."

Position 7: The Moon

Meaning: This card describes the qualities that the client brings with them to the reading: what they are,
and what they are capable of achieving. This card is the archetype they are embodying at this
moment in time, and one which, like the tools above, remains available to them.

What I am having trouble deciphering is card 3- 2 cups... my highest self. Does this mean I bring harmony and love as my highest self?

And The moon in position 7, as the querent, am I fearful and needing to dive into my subconcious and hidden stuff?

This reading was potent. My hands were actually led to the cards and the overall message being I am undertaking a big soul search (7 cups) and that it MUST be gotten right this time?

I would love your insight. I can feel the magnitude and really want to make sure as a newbie that I am getting the clarity of the cards that I am so needing right now.

It's been a hell of a time and I do, truly want to get life right.

Thank you so much xoxo

Thirteen

Position 3 (above): 2 cups
Position 7: The Moon
2/Cups is actually straight-forward. 2/Cups is about an emotional connection. A kind of "ah-ha! I begin to see what a connection could be like..." The first step, as it were. So your "soul" has found that first, baby-step connection. That first "zing!" That can be very exciting. And explain the other card you asked about.

The Moon is the card of the unconscious. It is also a wild card in that it's *everything* from the unconscious, whether you want or need it all. And you can see how that played out here. You listed more cards than were needed, right? You poured it all out. The capabilities that you are bringing, the tool that you will always have, are powerfully psychic capabilities; natural and easy to access, like a deep sea diver with a large bucket going after treasure. It's super easy for you to scoop up stuff and bring it topside. But at the moment (your current archetype) you scoop up everything. Sand and shells and creepy sea creatures as well as treasure. This means you get more of that treasure than anyone else, but it also means that those topside have to dig through a lot to find it.
the overall message being I am undertaking a big soul search (7 cups)
7/Cups is a big search, yes. But it also indicates someone who can't decide because all looks so good. Again, you want to grab it all. You think it's all treasure.

The message, I think, would be that you need to learn how to focus and cull. The High Priestess is the card for that (the archetype you want to become). She is the deep sea diver who is so good at seeing and recognizing treasure, that when she comes back up that's all there is in her bucket. No sand, no shells, no creepy sea creatures. ;) Accessing psychic power is so natural and, well, exciting and new to you, that you think it's all "treasure." But it's not. You need to learn which among those good looking things is true treasure and worth bringing up to the conscious surface. And which is not.

Does that make sense?

headincloud

Moon and 2C as a combo in some cases relates to the enchantment and romance that precedes a long term relationship (if surrounding cards support this).

AussieHighPriestess

Thirteen and Headincloud- thank you.

Thirteen with regard to the 2/cups, there isn't anyone on the scene at the moment, so do you mean that I am noticing connection and what that truly means just out in the world? Because I have had this be quite prominent.

Also, with regard to the Moon and the part you said about bringing everything topside, what do you mean by this part about those topside have to dig through a lot to find it- do you mean find it in me? That I bring it top side and others have to sort?

Sorry, I can't understand what you mean by this part "This means you get more of that treasure than anyone else, but it also means that those topside have to dig through a lot to find it".

Headinclouds gosh that would be lovely. I had ace of cups show up in position 6- near future. Something I really long for, but can't let myself go there, for fear of failure/let down. But hence my need for the whole reading to really 'get it right' this time, so that all the old patterning (subconcious moon) is transformed.

Thirteen

Thirteen with regard to the 2/cups, there isn't anyone on the scene at the moment, so do you mean that I am noticing connection and what that truly means just out in the world? Because I have had this be quite prominent.
Readers mistake the 2/Cups to mean a romantic connection—always. But Cups aren't just about emotions. They're about spiritual feelings as well. Given that there is no one on the scene, and given that you seem to be asking about "what going on" with you. And given that you're getting into tarot, I took the 2/Cups to mean that you are making your first "psychic" or spiritual connection. I could be very wrong, however, if there is something more about your circumstances that we should know. Psychic we may be, but we can't read your mind. If you had something specific in mind when you asked this question, like "What is going on with me at work?" or "What is going on with me" meaning "I don't feel like myself" or "what is going on with me?" meaning "I feel flushed and excited every time I order coffee from this person behind the counter"...we don't know it. And we can't know it until you tell us. And until you tell us, we can't interpret these cards accurately.
Also, with regard to the Moon and the part you said about bringing everything topside, what do you mean by this part about those topside have to dig through a lot to find it- do you mean find it in me? That I bring it top side and others have to sort?
If your unconscious is in control, then yes, you need those in conscious-land to help you decipher what you're bringing to the surface. It's like when you go too sleep and dream. You go too someone to interpret those dreams, and tell you which don't matter, and which do. Eventually, you learn how to interpret them yourself and no longer need someone "topside" to help you.
Sorry, I can't understand what you mean by this part "This means you get more of that treasure than anyone else, but it also means that those topside have to dig through a lot to find it".
The card you got was The Moon as your archetype. That card is about the unconscious; about psychic ability, about being able to see things—some of which are "real" and some of which are not. It's like a photographic memory. Someone says "What did you see?" and you can tell them more about what you saw than anyone else. But that doesn't mean that everything you saw was important. So, for now, you need someone to sift through it all and say "that's important."
But hence my need for the whole reading to really 'get it right' this time, so that all the old patterning (subconcious moon) is transformed.
The Moon isn't about old patterings. "subconscious" in this case means "primal." Fight or flight. The wild animal part of you. What can't be controlled. And it's position is as a "useful tool" not as something that's making you do things "wrong."

Keep in mind, as well, that you didn't ask "How do I get it right?" you asked "What is going on with me?" Always keep the question in mind. The cards answered the "what is going on?" question. They didn't tell you how to get it right and won't till you ask them.

AussieHighPriestess

Thirteen that all makes so much more sense!!

The 'what is going on with me" question was related to the deep changes I feel myself going through. Something is emerging but I have no idea where to go, which makes the 7/cups very accurate when I look at it from this perspective now.

I feel like I am about to drop even deeper into my spiritual/psychic world even more. I have been exploring this a long time, but only realising how important a part of me it is to bring to the concious.

So alllll of that about sorting what is real and relevant and needed is spot on, now that I read your words in that way.

The 2/cups I wasn't sure, that's why I asked and it confused me a little with the ace/cups showing up in the position of near future. Big Love is always a deep desire of mine.

And the Moon as a primal, wild animal part- whoa! Got it. I have realised that my subconcious has been in control pretty much my whole life, where I just let me emotions and feelings run my life. I thought that was normal, and am realising I need to be vigilant with sorting through them and getting real- so this links to the other part about topside.

The getting it right part came up from the 7/cups and I felt through the rest of the cards that I was given a few possible clues how to do this, but again, don't know enough to decipher the meanings.

I will do a follow up reading of how do I get it right this time very soon.

You're the best! Thank you x

Thirteen

You're very welcome! Just remember not to post that new reading here. Assuming you want to post the whole of that new reading in Your Readings, however, you can post a link to it in this thread so those following this thread can check it out. :)

JoyousGirl

Just going to add my 2 bob.

I think the 2 of Cups in relation to higher/self could mean that there are issues here about soul contracts. We are ultimately here having a relation with our self in all its guises.

The Moon as a descriptor of you as querent can mean there are 2 sides or 2 minds to you - one which you are happy to explore and that which you may hide from yourself and/or others (but ultimately need to confront in order to be whole). That's sort of part of what's going on with you.

You mentioned the 7 of cups as an outcome or getting it right - and I'm thinking discernment. A lot of stuff may be coming up, and you need to discern what's real and what's not. What's useful and what's not. I think this has already been mentioned. Maybe you're sorting through the wheat and chaff and you're moving from the hazy moonlight and "shit's getting real". Don't tiptoe around things - sometimes those who support us are very gentle with us and "nice" about things, when really we need someone to say "cut the bullshit - here's how I see it", initially a bit painful, but you can discern what's true rather than the pussyfooters telling you it's all going to be okay. Life's fraught with danger!