Ace of Swords (in relationships)

treestar

This one pops up alot in relationship readings. My experience has been it is in regards to sharing clear concise honest information (can be heart to heart but not sparing the truth that may sting a bit) The kind of honest straight to the point communication that changes the course of things to come... What has it meant for you in regards to feelings in a relationship? For me even in the place of feelings I interpret is as sharing or being about to share your truth with another (putting feelings aside it is given truth to clear the air and set things in motion for the future.)

tarot_quest

I agree with your meaning here :)

I sometimes had this card for work, and it meant receiving some important information/news from a potential employer.

I got this card for a 12 months spread in the 7th house position (astrology), so I am still waiting to see what the outcome will be. For a single person, it could be that you well get a clearer idea about where things are heading/which type of partner you need/if you see a potential with someone or not. For someone who is dating or in a committed relationship, it could refer to an honest communication, getting some important information about someone or simply taking a decision regarding your partner.

At the end, it is always about mental clarity and insight, so I see it as a favorable card in this context, no matter what. Even in the case where someone would cheat on you, it is better to know the truth!

IndigoWaves

If it comes up a lot for you in relationship readings, there may be important facts that are being overlooked. The Ace of Swords can be like an exclamation point or someone shouting "Hey, pay attention to this!"... It may appear if a person is being ignored or otherwise treated badly but they persist in believing that they're loved and everything's fine... Or if an insurmountable barrier to a goal exists and it's being discounted/dismissed... Or if damaging lies are being swallowed whole... It may also be a general call to heed logic in your relationships, rather than blindly following emotions and desire in ways that wind up hurting you. Just some examples.

treestar

If it comes up a lot for you in relationship readings, there may be important facts that are being overlooked. The Ace of Swords can be like an exclamation point or someone shouting "Hey, pay attention to this!"... It may appear if a person is being ignored or otherwise treated badly but they persist in believing that they're loved and everything's fine... Or if an insurmountable barrier to a goal exists and it's being discounted/dismissed... Or if damaging lies are being swallowed whole... It may also be a general call to heed logic in your relationships, rather than blindly following emotions and desire in ways that wind up hurting you. Just some examples.

Ah yes for me it has been popping up right before or during a really important discussion so I do think it's still about important logical rather than overly emotional communication...still find it odd to see in the place of feelings though, makes me wonder if there's more to it and if it's not really all about dismissing feelings afterall...I do think the cards often respond to our own interpretations (concious and unconcious) so whatever resonates for you.. :) What would ace of swords be as an emotion? Done. Conclusive? That feeling when you're tired of feelings a certain way so you break and move into a new direction emotionally?

IndigoWaves

What would ace of swords be as an emotion? Done. Conclusive? That feeling when you're tired of feelings a certain way so you break and move into a new direction emotionally?
If it represents someone else's emotion, then it may be letting you know that they don't actually feel as you think that they do... Or that they aren't "emotional" about the reading's topic at all (since it's a Sword, not a Cup). I could see it as being "done" about something, too, as in: "OK, enough! Cut it out."

Sibylline

Ace of Swords is an air card, so in the feelings position I always consider how thoughts can influence or dictate how we feel.

In my readings: a truth that will rock your core (esp. if you get the tower with it), a new idea/feeling about the relationship or S.O., a sudden realization, a sudden breakup, a truth that has two sides to it (the sword cuts both ways), a minor shock. I've even gotten the ace as "love at first sight"--the ace of swords was the "zing!" the querent felt about another person.

treestar

Ace of Swords is an air card, so in the feelings position I always consider how thoughts can influence or dictate how we feel.

In my readings: a truth that will rock your core (esp. if you get the tower with it), a new idea/feeling about the relationship or S.O., a sudden realization, a sudden breakup, a truth that has two sides to it (the sword cuts both ways), a minor shock. I've even gotten the ace as "love at first sight"--the ace of swords was the "zing!" the querent felt about another person.

YES this definitely resonates with my readings as well!