5 of Swords as feelings

BrightEye

Tara Deck said:
I had before the 5 of swords sowing up in a reding i did for a female friend about how a guy felt for her and this was the situation, This guy was very attracted to her, they were both very different, in background and age, she was married, so this guy felt he couldn't win her and that she was out rich for him. he saw her as a very dominant strong woman that somehow made him feel inferior, since she was elusive and hard to be approach. I think this was a huge challenge for him, he was affraid to approach to her because she was already in a relationship, he also felt intimadated by her and her personality. It was a loosing battle for him. he didn't know what to do about the whole thing and felt emabarassed.
i'm curious - did they get together in the end?

Adjustment

BrightEye said:
i'm curious - did they get together in the end?

The situation is still going on. he feels defeated, he is having a hard time at finding a way to approach to her, all what he does is look at her left hand to see if she is still wearing her wedding ring, then shy away. it is a not win situation for him because he would like to get to know my friend but is not sure how to proceed. A big challenge for him. By the way my friend is intersted on him too, but she is waiting to see if he will approach to her first.

BrightEye

how do you know for sure he's interested and really looking at the ring? he might be indifferent and just staring into space. (just playing devil's advocate. i'm trying to figure out a similar situation.)

kwaw

The various interpretations are getting, to my mind, into a very gender way of thinking. It seems if 5 of Swords is how she sees him, then he is a bullying, tyrant, B*****d. On the other hand, if 5 of Swords is how he sees her, then he is weak, easily intimidated, failure in relasionships.

It is then certainly a no win situation 'for him'! All women are saints, obviously.

Kwaw

kwaw

Tara Deck said:
I had before the 5 of swords sowing up in a reding i did for a female friend about how a guy felt for her and this was the situation, This guy was very attracted to her, they were both very different, in background and age, she was married, so this guy felt he couldn't win her and that she was out rich for him. he saw her as a very dominant strong woman that somehow made him feel inferior, since she was elusive and hard to be approach. I think this was a huge challenge for him, he was affraid to approach to her because she was already in a relationship, he also felt intimadated by her and her personality. It was a loosing battle for him. he didn't know what to do about the whole thing and felt emabarassed.

I'm curious, how do you know that is how he felt? Did he tell you? Or is that what you and your friend decided was the best justification for her abysmal behavour [or expectation]? Ignoring her adutltorous, two-timing, buy a toy boy and bit of rough, elusive take the money superior rich bitch situation? That maybe he had the morals she obviously lacked? That she come on to him and wanted him 'to approach her', could it not be he was embarrased for her [and her partner], not for any failing on his part? {Just playing devil advocate, I know all woman are perfect}. So he failed to live up to her [immoral] expectations - and that's [all] his fault? Typical 5 of Swords!
Kwaw :)

jenessa

The 5 of Swords is also the card of: Fear of Failure

I agree with what Helvetica wrote re: 5 Swords pertaining to his having a defeatest attitude, because in my system of meanings, this is ALSO the Card of Fear of Failure.

So when it comes to WHAT he's feeling for her, under this influence, his concern over making mistakes may be all pervasive, and as such may be holding him back.

aquanesha

I got that card a lot when I asked how one of my exes felt about me
I took it to mean that my ex felt like since he let me go that he knows that he can't get me back. As much as he might want to be with me, it's a lost cause in his mind.

Adjustment

kwaw said:
I'm curious, how do you know that is how he felt? Did he tell you? Or is that what you and your friend decided was the best justification for her abysmal behavour [or expectation]? Ignoring her adutltorous, two-timing, buy a toy boy and bit of rough, elusive take the money superior rich bitch situation? That maybe he had the morals she obviously lacked? That she come on to him and wanted him 'to approach her', could it not be he was embarrased for her [and her partner], not for any failing on his part? {Just playing devil advocate, I know all woman are perfect}. So he failed to live up to her [immoral] expectations - and that's [all] his fault? Typical 5 of Swords!
Kwaw :)

First you don't have to acuse someone of adultery, why are you asuming she already has commited adultery? Why are your comment so bitter,I was wondering, have you been an adultery victim? There is not need to point fingers. Always remember – when you point at others, three fingers are pointing back at you.
Do we know why she is waitng for this guy to approach to her? maybe she just want to tell him that she is already married or maybe that she is interested, whatever it is it is her business. we don't know. before judging someone we should first judge ourself. How do i know how this guy feels, well he happens to be my brother friend, he told my brother about it, and my brother told me. Also he always used to comes to my brother house when he knew me and my friend were around. Adding all this to the 5 of swords, it was obvious this guy was facing a challenge

a_shikhs

I am sure he likes her because I got the Lovers for him and her. But I feel that the 5 of Swords would mean that even though he likes her, he feels that he isnt that good enough for her or maybe doesnt have the courage to go upto her.

zach bender

lovers card

a_shikhs said:
I am sure he likes her because I got the Lovers

in this context, for me, the lovers emphasizes the requirement that the querent behave ethically with respect to this relationship. and that does not have to mean ethically according to someone else's rules (hierophant). so then what does five swords say? again, for me, that someone is inclining to his or her self-interest.

zb