Faeries oracle has me puzzled !

redflash

I have never been one for faery/fairy/fey decks. There always this image of cute fae who just want to love us to bits but I don't see them like that at all, I think some are totally not to be messed with, dangerous maybe, not that I have ever seen any ! So I have avoided that sort of deck like the plague.

BUT........

Quite a while ago I saw a thread on here about the Faeries Oracle. I checked out the review & thought how frightening some of the cards were, I was uncomfortable looking at them. Ages later I had another look at the review, don't know why, just felt like I had to look at them again. I did that a few times over the coming months, but I still didn't want it.

So, last week when I was out buying MY OWN birthday present ( !!! ) I wandered into Waterstones at Durham to see what was in the mind/body/spirit section. And there it was, the Frouds Faeries Oracle. And I knew I was going to buy it there & then, even though I put it back on the shelf at first. All the way home I kept thinking "why on earth have I bought that?" A few days later, on my birthday, I opened it, the same cards still frightened me but I started reading the book & did the exercises at the beginning.

Now I don't know what to think ! There is SOMETHING about this deck. I'm not frightened of the cards anymore. But I haven't yet managed to meet my spirit guide so how am I going to meet my faery guide ! I didn't even know you could have faery guides, lol !! I don't know where to start with it. I have picked up the symbolism very quickly but I have a feeling like it's waiting for me to do something & I don't know what ! I just feel, well, puzzled !

Sorry this post has been like War & Peace, hope no-one has gone to sleep !

Barbaras Ahajusts

I use to be disgusted over the Thoth!
I would catch a post on the Thoth deck and check out any links posted, I went through the same thing you did.

Then one day, I was looking at the Thoth that is on my Orphalise program and it clinked on me. I realised I didn't need to be smoking pot to understand this deck! It went from screwy to complete understanding. I still can come up with some strange a*s things about it, but thats me being strange and odd. :D

I now own two Thoth decks.
I am now looking into the Fairy Ring oracle. Just looking at this point! But isn't that how a deck reaches into us and talks to our intuitive side? ;)

Enjoy!
Barb

a_shikhs

Hi redflash and welcome to the faery world.. :)

These are very jittery and lively faeries who will always keep you on a roll. :D There is definately something about this deck and it is my favourite reading deck. Yes some cards do look slightly scary at first but then you get used to them. The book is awesome and gives a lovely description of each faery. Go through the cards everyday and carry them everywhere with you if possible. Sing and dance with the cards as the book suggests and you'll soon develop a strong connection with the fae folk.

I usually keep milk and honey outside my window for the faeries after a reading.

ps: The faeries in these cards are real as whenever I sit with this deck, I usually see flashes of bright light around me..

Oh yeah, one more thing.. Beware as the faeries are very mischevious and love to play pranks on you.. :D

Rainbow Aurora

a_shikhs said:
Oh yeah, one more thing.. Beware as the faeries are very mischevious and love to play pranks on you.. :D
:grin: So very true!

I once thought that the Faery Decks would
be 'cute', I changed my mind when I studied
the Froud Faeries, and also,the Fey Tarot does
give very profound readings as well.

Enjoy your cards redflash, there are times
when it just feels right to use them instead
of a more 'traditional' Tarot.

Rainbow

Chronata

Oh I am so glad you have found them Redflash!
It sounds like they have goten a hold on you too...but there may still be a veil of communication between you that needs to be lifted.

I find that while I CAN read these like I do any other oracle deck...I usually don't.

No, they have really become sort of "alive" to me...to the point where I can imagine their presence...see them in my mind's eye...hear them talk, even without taking out the deck!

If you connected with the meanings well...then maybe it's time to connect with them deeper.

I find that sorting them helps me with this.

I will deal out about 12 cards...and sort them into groups...and then I observe...and let my mind wander...and listen.

Sometimes the groups are even numbers of fae...and most times they are lopsided...but each time I do this, I gain more insight about something...whether it's my own issues...or something I didn't know about the fae themselves.

I can really "hear" them when I do this...I see new patterns emerge...with fae working together (or occasionally grumbling because I put him in the same group with her...)

Try it..it can be a fecinating way to look at them...

and maybe you do need a faery guide to help you lift the veil...but I wouldn't worry about that so much.
When you are ready...One will appear!

redflash

When I saw the clairvoyant ( who I had waited 6 months to see, he is very popular ! ) a few weeks back he said straight away that I was quite "open to spirit" but that I had no faith in my abilities which meant I wasn't really moving forward on my journey anymore. The more I learn & experience, the more I start to spot little signs / so-called coincidences etc but then I think no no that's just silly !

I have used oracles before, I quite like madame endora, but it's always tarot I feel more in tune with. But, then this deck comes along & challenges that !

Definitely going to stick with it. Lets see what happens. xx

majah kahlana

I have the Froud's Faeries as well as the Fairy Ring Oracle and I have to say I am less inclined to be nervous of the Fae in Frouds than I am the Fairy Ring Oracle (Jenny Greenteeth just scares me spitless for some reasonbut Gwatcha makes me want to giggle for some reason). I think it may have to do with how the book presents them. At least for me anyway. The Froud's presents the "bad" faeries as challenges or things we need to pay attention to in ourselves. The Fairy Ring Oracle tells you how to work with the Fae and in some cases actually reccommends that you dont work with certain ones at all (the Bogeyman, the Spriggan). Those ones they say "not reccommended" still freak me out a bit lol. Especially if they come up in a reading. But I agree with what everyone else said about the decks growing on you. Even those ones I didnt like in the Froud's have become good advisors to me of late.
As for finding your Faery Guide... I think that it can change from time to time which one is your guide at the moment or in a given situation. At least it has been that way for me.
Good luck with your new Faeries. They are so much fun.
HUGS
MK

Jewel

~waves at Chronata~

Redflash they have called you and you have answered. Just kick back, get to know them and enjoy the ride. Yes ride is the word. This deck, unlike any other deck of any type I have ever seen or know comes alive. As Chronata stated, you will hear and feel the fey even when you have them put away.

One of my favorite things to do, and I have done it for years now, is picking one as my card of the day. That fey (or faeries if there are several on the card) become my companions for the day. Not that others might not show up, but the one(s) on my card of the day are with me, and I have become tuned to their energy and listen to them.

I was a "Tarot only" person until this deck, and this deck did not only challenge that but tought me a lesson or ten ;-). Give it time, you will love it.

MK, I also own the Fairy Ring. I agree that it is totally different from this deck. I have to use the book with that one (and always will have to), but it is pretty amazing/powerful in its own right. Quite brutal, and not playful at all, but I have had some amazing readings with it.

The fey in the Fairy Ring are art on cardboard, the Froud Faeries are alive, you have to experience them to understand. Those who have not lived it think the rest of us are a little crazy ... their loss.

Lillie

Faries!

Sodding faeries!

I don't even believe in faries.
I don't want to believe in faeries.
I don't even know which way I ought to spell it. And that's annoying.

I am not a fairy type person.

But this deck, this deck has something about it.
It speaks.
It tells me things I need to know.

And sometimes that can be annoying, but it's true.

And I havn't found my fairy guide, it's still a blank card.
And I still don't believe in fairies.

But it's a good deck.
If faries are real, they would be like this.

Alissa

Le fae sont magiques.... (ok, my french stinks... I dunno where that came from, fae-inspired I reckon).

They don't care what you call them, as long as it's a term of endearment and/or a term of respect! :D

This remains one of my favorite decks, if underused for the past year or so... but it's always a joy to hear when another has heard their call!