Need help identifying a deck

214red

Hi

I was told about a deck , however i cant remember its name. The deck apparently has two images on, one right way up and the other if the card is reversed.

does any of this make sense to any of you?

Thanks
Nikki

gregory

GP may well be right as I seem to recall when you ASKED about such a deck in another thread, I pointed you to Revelations :D

214red

i didnt think i asked about this particular deck in a different thread as this is the first time i heard about it, and i want to buy it now!!:)

i am sure revelations rings a bell, will check the pictures, thank you both very much

**edit**
looks like this was the one i was told about, not sure about spending £20 on it for a new deck though, might leave it for while and see if it still interests me next month

gregory

Oh well - I just pointed SOMEONE that way.... I love it - I even did the 78 card study on it ! It was the only way I could "get" reversals....

I think there is one in the trade threads just now....

SphinYote

214red said:
Hi

I was told about a deck , however i cant remember its name. The deck apparently has two images on, one right way up and the other if the card is reversed.

does any of this make sense to any of you?

Thanks
Nikki

Do you mean reversed as in the front of the card depicting two different images depending on which way it is turned, or as in images on the back of the card as well as the front?

If the latter, you'd probably be referring to Tarot of the Secret Forest.

Edit: nevermind, looks like you got your answer. :)

nisaba

There's a whole class of decks referred to not as Tarot but as (I think) Tarocco (one of the experts can jump in here!) which are characterised by being Tarot-like in theme and having the 22 Majors, but being playing-card-like in feel by having only the top half of the images, mirrored upside-down on the bottom of the card like the courts in a poker deck. Is that what you mean? There are several of them around - in Italy, Spain and such places apparently you find them everywhere.

nisaba

<grin> Yep, that would be exactly the sort of thing I was referring to. I believe it's quite a numerous class of deck, but I don't yet own any.

Le Fanu? Gregory? Umbrae? Opinions?