Graven Images Oracle (Soon To Be Published!)

Unknownspirit

raeanne said:
Thanks for adding the link because I don't see any website link under any of the posts.

On the bottom of every post, there is a blue bar. It also has links for Profile, PM, Email, Find Posts, and Buddy

lunakasha

raeanne said:
Thanks for adding the link because I don't see any website link under any of the posts.

It would be at the bottom of each post by gravenimages, where the "PM" button is, except further to the right, just click on "website". :)

raeanne

lunakasha said:
It would be at the bottom of each post by gravenimages, where the "PM" button is, except further to the right, just click on "website". :)

Ha, ha, ha....Ok, so I was looking for an actual website link at the bottom of the posts, not the word "website". He, he, he....Silly me!

raeanne

Hi all,
Now that I have had a chance to look at the cards, I would like to say - I love it! I do a lot of research into my family history so I have many pictures of family headstones. I have enjoyed seeing all of the different styles and symbolism in my own family members’ graves. One question I have is why 71 cards? That seems like a strange number. I was just wondering if there is a reason for that?

gravenimages

Hi!

Hopefully I'll answer this without confusing anyone. I'm going to forward this link to Kat to make sure I've answered it properly. The deck has 5 suits--Divine (Spirit), Mental, Social, Emotional and Physical, each covering an aspect of humanity. Each suit has seven light cards, and seven shadow cards--14 cards in each suit (70 total). Seven is a sacred number in many cultures--3 + 3 + 1 above (or one to balance)--making a triangle; the totality of the cards equals 70 (7+0=7). The Wall is the 71st card and stands apart in the deck as it is an indicator to stop the reading--have a look at the website for more detailed text on this. The layout for the cards is Kat's work. If you go to the website, once you enter the site be sure to click on the pentacle in the text (website being revamped by end April!) which will give you more information on the suits etc. All of this is also detailed in the book that goes with the cards. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Natalie

gravenimages

PS--and thank you Raeanne for your kind words :)

Nat

lunakasha

gravenimages said:
The Wall is interesting too. That image is an indication to stop the reading (ie: if your querent isn't concentrating on their question or if there is just some outside power stepping in--we all know there's some stuff we're just not meant to know)--It's a really neat (and sometimes eerie!) card...

Yes....I was intrigued when I read about The Wall, and I can appreciate that there is a powerful message there. I agree that there are times when we need to step back, rephrase the question, or maybe ask a different question.

I wonder though....how it would make the querent feel if this card came up in a reading, and with a look of horror on my face, I announced that we must STOP the reading immediately! What would his/her reaction be???

I am really curious....has this ever happened to you??? I mean, assuming that you have had The Wall come up in a reading for someone else???

I think it might be tricky to do....respecting the message of the cards without totally freaking someone out! :eek:

Thanks again Natalie, I appreciate your insights....

:) Luna

Unknownspirit

The wall card is a really good idea.
It would save a lot of time if every deck had this type of card.

gravenimages

I've had the Wall come up several times during different readings--most of the time it was when the querent wasn't really concentrating on the question or the reading. In that case it was very vindicating (for me!).

When I do readings with these cards I always start with an explanation of where they came from, and the Wall is always included in that, so if it does come up, they're not totally surprised. I never had anyone get uspet when it comes up--keep in mind that when it does, you can try the reading again--but if you keep getting the Wall, then perhaps it's not the proper time for that particular question.

In another reading that comes to mind, the person was asking about something that really wasn't their business. So far, these have been the situations where the Wall has appeared. When the Wall does come up, I usually ask the person if they were concentrating on their question. 9 times out of 10, they weren't concentrating--but who knows what the future holds? (sorry--couldn't resist that!)... :)

lunakasha

gravenimages said:
I've had the Wall come up several times during different readings--most of the time it was when the querent wasn't really concentrating on the question or the reading. In that case it was very vindicating (for me!).

When I do readings with these cards I always start with an explanation of where they came from, and the Wall is always included in that, so if it does come up, they're not totally surprised. I never had anyone get uspet when it comes up--keep in mind that when it does, you can try the reading again--but if you keep getting the Wall, then perhaps it's not the proper time for that particular question.

In another reading that comes to mind, the person was asking about something that really wasn't their business. So far, these have been the situations where the Wall has appeared. When the Wall does come up, I usually ask the person if they were concentrating on their question. 9 times out of 10, they weren't concentrating--but who knows what the future holds? (sorry--couldn't resist that!)... :)

Very interesting.....

So the best plan is to give the querent an explanation prior to the reading, in case it comes up. Kind of like the way I have explained the Death card to querents who are unfamiliar or a little afraid of the Tarot. Makes perfect sense. :)

And I love the examples you shared....in both cases, the Wall presented itself appropriately, and its message was clearly understood and respected.

Thanks again!

:) Luna

The wall card is a really good idea.
It would save a lot of time if every deck had this type of card.

LOL....very true! :laugh: