Luman,anyone?

Stormdancer

I just received this deck and I have to agree with what Pippi posted...the colors are not the same as they are on the site, and I am a tad dissapointed. For those of you that have both the matte vibrant version and the new glossy muted version, could you please post some comparisons?? Things like the actual sizes? This way when i go to purchase another version, I will be able to differentiate which version is which??

Stormdancer

firefrost

I'm just logging off to go to work, but I'll post pics of my matt muted when I get back later. :)

firefrost

Hope this helps - Had the deck three years.

pippi

I just received the bolder version today (thank you motsa!!). In some of the softer cards, the difference isn't as wildly noticeable. But with the bolder colors, like the reds and bright pinks...boy oh boy is the difference striking! Also, I noticed that there is much sharper detail in the vibrant version. I've only had a few moments to compare, as they just arrived... but I've already noticed that some of the cards in the vibrant version have detailing and added coloring that is blurred or missing altogether in the duller copy.

I think it's going to be very hard to capture the detailing on camera, but maybe at least the coloring difference will show. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow to show the contrast. (It's raining today, so I won't get good pix today.)

Stormdancer

So Pippi is there anyway to differentiate the 2 decks...different isbn numbers? or copyright years? or printing places? I'm as bummed as you...well not quite...i didn't have that NASTY interaction with the creatrix....

Storm

pippi

Okay, the version I received today is matte and vibrant with squared corners. The one I had earlier was semi-gloss and dull with rounded corners.

The ISBN #'s are the same on both decks. But I really think there are more than two versions of this deck. Silverlyn talked about her matte version being much larger than the glossy, and when comparing mine...they're just about identical with only a 1/16" difference in width which was barely noticeable. Certainly not enough to make any difference in ease of handling.

Both my decks have the 2004 copyright date on them. Marion said her copyright said 2001-2004, and hers is a matte/vibrant version. Perhaps that earlier version has larger dimensions. So it looks like there are at least three printings of this deck. And firefrost seems to have yet another version, which would make it four. (Hers are semi-gloss and dull-colored with rounded corners)

I also noticed, comparing with the images online, the scans seem to show a tiny bit more image, which is cut off along the edges of my cards. Maybe the older, larger version matches the online scans in color and complete content.

The matte, vibrant deck I have now came in a plain purple box, with a cover pasted on the top. The semi-gloss, dull deck came in a box decorated with images of the deck all around. The LWBs are a little different from each other in content, but contain the same copyright date and ISBN #'s. The website and email addresses are different though.

stormdancer... Curious...Where did you purchase the deck? Did you buy it from the Luman site directly?

Stormdancer

No i bought it from a member...i kinda figured it was the duller of the 2 decks, but she said it was beautiful, and it is....I guess the disappointment is the vibrancy....i've been looking at this deck for years based on the pictures from the website. The reds are especially disappointing, although I don't think it'll keep me from using the deck. I would just like to know how to tell which is which if a trade comes up...somewhere....somehow...over the rainbo...LOL

Stormdancer

pippi

stormdancer339 said:
I guess the disappointment is the vibrancy....i've been looking at this deck for years based on the pictures from the website. The reds are especially disappointing
Yep, that's what did it for me. The reds are very disappointing. :(

I would just like to know how to tell which is which if a trade comes up...somewhere....somehow...over the rainbo...LOL
LOL! I don't know...you'd have to ask about all the factors, I guess. I think if you get one with squared corners, you should be safe, as it seems the vibrant ones at least have that in common. (But don't hold me responsible if it happens that you somehow end up with a weird 47th version that we didn't know about!)

firefrost

pippi said:
. (But don't hold me responsible if it happens that you somehow end up with a weird 47th version that we didn't know about!)

LMAO!! pippi's mission in life - to boldly go and suss out all the Luman publishings for forensic research...She WILL find out how to buy what...!!!

pippi

firefrost said:
LMAO!! pippi's mission in life - to boldly go and suss out all the Luman publishings for forensic research...She WILL find out how to buy what...!!!

:laugh: LOL! No way...I don't have nearly enough patience for that. I think it's a job for Scooby Doo and "those meddling kids". I'd probably have an aneurysm if I attempted to solve this mystery!