Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

VGimlet

I think I've already replied to this thread, BUT I am annoyed because I bought an extra copy of both the Royo Labyrinth deck and the Dream Inspirational. I had forgotten about the former, and the latter deck had a slightly different name online, so I mistakenly bought it.

But, those are the only ones so far. Even the decks I may one day release I don't regret. :p

BeyondtheVeil

gregory said:
:lightbulb Oh but wait - there was that VILE deck I just got rid of in the unloved thread. The Shit deck, aka Scheiss and Turd.... :D. It came as part of a job lot, and isn't really a tarot at all, but I did buy it, and I did regret it entering my home. Its new owner loves it though. Goodness only knows why. The Turd card was the first answer she ever got from it. For a health reading. She was PLEASED :confused:

OMGOSH! You had me in stitches!! :laugh: Is that a real deck?! lol It is even funnier when you said that she was pleased with the Turd card!! :laugh: :laugh: You are always so funny and entertaining! I just LOVE your posts!! :heart:

I think I wouldn't be happy with that deck either! :D

BTV

Le Fanu

I think the Vampyre. I was swayed into buying it against my better judgement.

It is as silly & vacuous as I expected it to be.

If I could be bothered picking it up off the floor where it is kept I might trade it. Plus I'm not throwing good money after bad by going to the Post Office and spending more money sending it on its way to whoever.

Far cheaper to leave it where it is on the floor.

BeyondtheVeil

Le Fanu :)

Le Fanu said:
I'd forgotten about the Osho Zen. I traded it away and haven't thought of it since. But while I had it I wondered why I had bought it; only perhaps because it was in the Top Ten here one year and I was curious.

I found it so uninspiring; it makes a lot of noise about being spiritual and I think there are more spiritual decks out there...

Hey! I got that deck from you! :bugeyed: :laugh: Okay, to be honest..... I only opened up the package, but not looked through the deck yet! lol

BTV

strings of life

^ We posted at the same time...

Le Fanu said:
I think the Vampyre. I was swayed into buying it against my better judgement.

It is as silly & vacuous as I expected it to be.

If I could be bothered picking it up off the floor where it is kept I might trade it. Plus I'm not throwing good money after bad by going to the Post Office and spending more money sending it on its way to whoever.

Far cheaper to leave it where it is on the floor.
I just laughed. I'm in a public place (on the train). Ha!

Go put some garlic around it or something. Wait, that costs money too and garlic deserves better than that.

I'm so glad I didn't cave in and buy it. I'm missing out on something deep, dark, and mysterious, I know.

hottierockstar

I have a really small number of decks at this point but the Housewives deck straight up pisses me off.
I wanted this deck so badly because I liked the artwork/kitschyness of it.
I tried to like it, tried to use it, made it a cozy...
hard to shuffle, can't read, cards just don't feel right, lwb is ridiculous...it is near me at the moment..as soon as i hit submit the whole kit and kaboodle has to go somewhere....dunno where.....and i dunno why I am letting paper affect me so negatively! LOL

Golden Moon

hottierockstar said:
and i dunno why I am letting paper affect me so negatively! LOL

LMBO... Yes in deed:D

strings of life

hottierockstar said:
I have a really small number of decks at this point but the Housewives deck straight up pisses me off.
I wanted this deck so badly because I liked the artwork/kitschyness of it.
I tried to like it, tried to use it, made it a cozy...
hard to shuffle, can't read, cards just don't feel right, lwb is ridiculous...it is near me at the moment..as soon as i hit submit the whole kit and kaboodle has to go somewhere....dunno where.....and i dunno why I am letting paper affect me so negatively! LOL
Head over to this thread and I'll re-enable you, or at least do my best to. The Housewives is one of my favorite reading decks. Plus...

I'll stop :laugh:.

lovedog

The deck that came with the book 'The Tarot-The Traditional Tarot Reinterpreted For The Modern World' by Adam Fronteras. It is Rider Waite in weird, ugly colors.

midniteeye

some decks are deeply discounted for obvious reason that they simply do not sell, so by taking advantage of the discounted price, i should not complain much, but the one deck which i paid full retail and absolutely hated was the transformational tarot. perhaps the collage of pics were beautiful on arnell ando's computer monitor, but the print job on the deck were simply awful. so much so that it hurts my eyes to just look at them.