Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Carla

laura_borealis said:
The swords suit (I think it's actually air/clouds?) might work for you where it didn't for Carla. Tansey Ella likes it, so you won't be alone. :)

That's right, some people love Osho Zen. Another one that lots of people love that I traded away was Housewives. So everyone has their own thing.

Now, I've got Kat Black's Golden and I love it. I hardly ever use it, though.

MoonSwan

Aerin said:
Don't be put off just because some of us don't gel with it. There are loads of people who do. It may be worth heading over to the Thoth forum and having a look around.

Or just getting it and seeing what happens. You may love it - who knows?

ETA: I have a Merlin. I love the artwork on the Majors, the (to me) rather contrived "new system" [sigh] and the Minors do nothing for me.

Oh thank you, Aerin, I'm still finding my way around here and didn't think about the Thoth forum -durr.

Tarot are such a personal thing aren't they. I find the same as you in that I view some decks and love the Majors, but the Minors just don't float my boat.

jema

danny.mac85 said:
Housewives Tarot. I always feel like it would make more sense if I had a really strong martini
Danielle

lol, so true, gonna have to test that theory this weekend!
I never used mine, not even once. Perhaps I just wasn't tipsy enough...

Tansey Ella

I bought the first edition of the Anna K. with the German LWB. I paid for the English LWB when it became available. I know many here love this deck, but I dislike it for more or less the same reasons so many dislike the Osho Zen. I find it preachy and sanctimonious. I won't sell it unless I need money for food, but I never use it. It's not alone however, I have a great deal of decks that I have never opened , much less read with.

selmainsley

The auset gypsy.

the aquarian, interesting historical curio but never used

gothic tarot of vampires love the art work cant read with it in any way, so never used

the elemental (not that one, but the wierd egyptian looking one )

Le Fanu

I'm sure I have posted in this thread but I shall pretend I haven't...

The Shapeshifters Tarot. Pasty & washed out and in a massive Llewellyn box you cannot store anywhere and I have put it in Trading and on the Trade Train and nobody wants it. I feel I should keep it as I do like some of her other decks and the completist in me will hold onto it (especially if I love her Ghosts & Spirits tarot when that's released) so I might want it to "complete the set". But everything about it is just sooooo not me. From the blue borders and anaemic colours to the touchy feely New Agey companion book.

Carla

Tansey Ella said:
I bought the first edition of the Anna K. with the German LWB. I paid for the English LWB when it became available. I know many here love this deck, but I dislike it for more or less the same reasons so many dislike the Osho Zen. I find it preachy and sanctimonious. I won't sell it unless I need money for food, but I never use it. It's not alone however, I have a great deal of decks that I have never opened , much less read with.

I'm curious, Tansey Ella, in what way do you find it preachy and sanctimonious? I've never felt that, although to be fair I've never read the LWB that comes with it very closely. I'm one of the ones who got rid of Osho Zen for those reasons. Is there a card in particular that you could elaborate on?

Tansey Ella

There probably is Carla, ( I do use the LWB) but mostly It's exactly how others feel about the Osho Zen. I get that feeling from Anna K, except in a more Fundy- Christianity way . Osho is , as you and others have said, New Agey. ( which does not bother me unless it gets too far out). Anna K comes across to me as Fundy and preachy. I bought it and will most definitely keep it, but seldom use it now. I do use the LWB, and maybe that is where this is coming from. I feel like I have been smacked with a nuns' ruler after using the deck. I grew up in a Fundy religion so that is probably the basis of my dislike.
funny how decks strike you odd ways. Osho makes me smile and others find it condescending and holier than thou. That is exactly how Anna K does to me.
There is something for all of us. I note poster above does not like the " The shape shifter" deck. I find the deck a tad odd and on the Native American side. I don't use it very often but occ will pull it out ( more for mediation type work).
Anna k is a good deck for the right persons. Osho is a good deck for certain persons, and shape shifter appeals to some, although I agree, to far less.

I love The Quest deck and many here do not like it, but something about the deck speaks to me, it feels good. I feel unconditional regard from it, which means most likely the author imbued that into the deck. Many others find it cold and lifeless.

Carla, I lol at what you said about The Housewives deck. I agree, I do feel like a need a strong martini after using it. lol It is cute in it's own way, however.

Tansey Ella

Lefanu, you mentioned a trade train. I am trying to trade my konXari cards and The Fallen Angels deck. I am wanted to trade not sell, but may be forced to just sell. Where is trade train thread?

Belinda2

Tansey Ella said:
Lefanu, you mentioned a trade train. I am trying to trade my konXari cards and The Fallen Angels deck. I am wanted to trade not sell, but may be forced to just sell. Where is trade train thread?
I heard that they were not trading on there right now,in maybe a month I am not sure, everytime I go on there all they do is chat, no trading seems to be going on? Guess I was wrong it is happening in about two weeks.