Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Miss Divine

Oh, I have quite a few ;)

These are the ones I've already gotten rid of... (yay)

Angels oracle (Ambika Wouters)
Art Nouveau Oracle
Bloemenorakel
Bohemian Gothic (first edition)
Crystal (Permutt)
Elf of Heaven
Elfen Orakel
Fey
Gilded
Lover's Oracle
Lover's Tarot (Lyle)
Love spell box
Magical Messages from the Fairies (DV)
Magical Mermaids and Dolphins (DV)
Messages from Angels (DV)
Moon Garden
Paulina
Old English
Radiant RW
Touchstone
Universal Goddess
Zerner-Farber

And there are still a few lingering around in my collection I wanna sell...

True Love (yuck)
New Palladini (I thought trimming them would help, but nooo)
Magical forest (I don't think it's cute, but rather spooky)
Universal Waite (my copy has pale lifeless colors)

There's more I think, but these stand out.

Pam O

Infinite Visions!

When I was looking through the cards I noticed that the beautiful Pre-Raphaelite images are all blurry! I feel really disappointed .
I don't know a bout the New editions, but my First is exactly the same way. So I second that wholeheartedly.

Eeek... good to know! I was considering getting the second edition. Now I certainly won't. Thank you!

Glad I could help....I knew I was resisting too long in buying this deck for some reason! Always listen to your intuition.

Same here! Thank you!!

Oh, isn't this interesting. I bought a lot only because this Infinite Visions deck was included, and it retails for $125.00 on the artist's website, and I don't know if that includes shipping... That's a lot of $$$ for a blurry deck!!!

I do have to say that I do like the deck, and I have got some great readings, ***BUT*** I have TOTAL issues with most of the pictures being out of focus, or the "wrong" parts of the cards in focus. Heck, the 9 of swords has the bed sheets in focus and not the lady in the card. So OK, what does that mean? Does it symbolize that it's time to go focus on the sheets when worried and not able to sleep???

flyingwind66

Gendron - not every card was as beautiful as the transformation card... in fact, transformation was the only card I liked in the deck, this deck I read with once, then gave it away and the girl I gave it to absolutely loved it

Shapeshifter - the artwork? Beautiful! The whole 'idea' behind the deck? Well let's say I felt the word 'feminist' was taken WAY overboard. I didn't like that there were added major arcana (don't mess with my fool's journey!) I read the book and I see their reasoning behind adding the extra cards, I just don't feel them necessary. Also WHY were the Queens and Kings switched?! Now my Queen means what my King traditionally meant and vice versa -> this is NEEDLESSLY CONFUSING!!!

Though I know that many of you read with this deck and love it... this deck is just not for me.
*edit note: I finally got rid of it! I brought it out to coffee with some friends and one of them said she was interested in checking out tarot and I gave it to her to 'try out' so maybe I won't get them back haha*

Egyptian Tarot - I don't know which one, I can't seem to find it in the aeclectic database... I got a headache every time I tried to read with it. I did eventually give it away.

I've got a few decks that I've given away but was sad about it... I don't regret buying them and I don't regret giving them away, they just didn't 'speak' to me. These decks are Deviant Moon, Haindl and Rider-Waite

Glass Owl

I wish my hubby hadn't surprised me with the Transparent Tarot. The smell of the cards is terrible - yuck. Plus, they were all really stuck together and when I finally was able to pry them apart I could see that one of the cards has a huge bubble in it. Most of them have scuff like marks all over them too. This dud is definitely going to be returned for a refund because I'm not happy with a defective (and smelly!) deck - especially when it was my only birthday present.

Pollux

Very fresh additions!

-> Wildwood Tarot...
Too different and off my ground honestly, I was so thrilled and excited about it and try a new system and blablabla, but it won't speak to me, it must be the art or the (ugly!) images, dunno, or maybe the card different names which don't click with my inner brains, it's not really about the names but more about what they imply and convey to my imagination, that is so frustatingly and uncomfortably far from what I would lean and tend to.
It's like I feel this is a deck for "pre-historic" tarot readers, it clinges to something too far and removed from the times we've lived in (including middle ages and ancient empires!), it's pre-human consciousness and pre-human society in a way, it's made for primeval-animal-like tarot readers in a way, that would be able to tap and click with the parts of ourselves it tries to reach to. No doubt it is my very own fault being too tied up with modern society (even if I read about celtic spirituality and druids, it's still in a modern-society-faschion that I do it!), I'd need to move off my chest and shoulders so much nowadays crap and stuff to read succesfully wth this deck that the effort is daunting and beyond me...

-> Llewellyn Tarot... DISAPPOINTING.
The Majors are great, a stand-alone Trumps 22-card deck would have been ENOUGH.
Maybe with bigger cards to perve in and drool on.
But still... The minors are like Universal Waite in watercolours... Was there a point?
Better off without them in the first place, instead of just striving to make it to 78 cards quickly and awkwardly.

Tansey Ella

I found this thread again and thought I'd add 3 decks that were such a disappointment to me. I was so a twitter about Buckland Romani and when I got it, nothing. I like the cards-they are colorful but I get almost nothing from it. It is just mocking me.
Another deck that does this is Deidre of the Sorrows. I think the artwork is good, the colors nice but I don't understand the illustrations at all. It is pretty deck but does nothing for me.The author is very sweet.
Rohrig tarot. I wanted this so bad I had Gregory get a German version for me before I purchased the English one. Yes it is pretty and sexy, but for me, not all that readable, although of all the decks I just mentioned, I can read with it better.

Pandora MoonRaven

You wanna let go of that Buckland let me know. ;o)

For me it was Robin Wood. I got it and was just like WOW LAME.
Pearls of Wisdom, wanted it so bad then I looked at it and was just overwhelmed with too much going on for me.
Tarot of a Moon Garden
Enchanted Tarot

Tansey Ella

If I need food I will sell my decks. Not before. Even though it is not readable for me, I keep all my decks. They have a home unless I am losing mine.

astronautica

I just couldn't connect with the Enchanted Tarot either... I look at the cards every now and then and think, "Maybe if I just put some time into them they'll work for me," so it's sitting on my bookshelf waiting for me to come back to it one day but I don't think I ever will. It's a little bit too kitsch for my liking.

Tansey Ella

astro
I had the Quest for 2-3yrs before I connected with it . One day I just felt compelled to drag the deck out from the bottom of a box it was living in. Almost like it was saying " pick me". I picked it up and got an great personal reading and began to use it a lot for myself. I don't use it too much right now, but will probably go back to it eventually.
Just saying....