Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

Bhavana

oh rats. I bought the Llewelyn Anna K at Barnes n Noble today, and the more I think about it, I really don't know why. I already have the deck and I knew that Llewelyn would never top it. While commenting on the differences on the thread about it, I thought I might keep it....but the more I look at it, the more I know that it was a waste of money and I will never use it - not when I can use the beautiful original one. oh well.

Laura Borealis

Take it back! Buy a nice Zombies deck instead.

Stephys_Cool

Gothic Tarot - Anne Stokes ~ Went evil on me

Padma

Agreed, I had the same experience with it. No life in it for me.

I really quite like some of the illustrations, but found it a dud to read with - and the plain green backs - eugh. Sad, as I traded some other deck that did not speak to me for it...and no joy from the Wildwood, either. Too bad! Wanted to love it!

Wildwood = date with a really cute guy you love to look at - but who leaves you with your eyes glazed over at the end of the night - out of boredom or confusion - each equally bad!

queenxofxwands

LS gothic tarot of vampyres, honestly, wtf is with that sun card??? the whole thing looks like a newspaper cartoon strip or something. The pictures on a lot of the cards dont have anything to do with the meaning of the card, or if they do, i cant see it. sure, have a vampire theme, but put some thought into it, geeez! I'd gve it away, but it doesnt have a box anymore

Aeric

http://tarotforum.net/showpost.php?p=3572266&postcount=20

Here's the link with my review of Tarot of the Angels. I tried to enjoy this deck, I really tried to work with it, but after an intense weekend and several days with it, I'm at a loss. It's the first deck I've owned where I became so disenchanted with it in only a couple of months, the shortest time.

AJ

LS gothic tarot of vampyres, honestly, wtf is with that sun card??? the whole thing looks like a newspaper cartoon strip or something. The pictures on a lot of the cards dont have anything to do with the meaning of the card, or if they do, i cant see it. sure, have a vampire theme, but put some thought into it, geeez! I'd gve it away, but it doesnt have a box anymore

a couple of things about Lo Scarabeo decks:
They Very often do not strictly follow the RWS in clone mode. One of my favorite things about their decks but it took me a couple of years to realize it. I'll never part with the LoS decks I still own just because they have a 'wild hair'.

The decks they come upon from outside artists are often quite painterly.

Many of the decks they publish in-house are hired, and cartoon art is quicker than most other types. if you don't like it (I don't) don't buy any of their decks that have it. :)

nanni68

ghosts and spirits

lisa Hunt Ghosts and Spirits for me the cardsare too dark and grey only in sunshine i can imagine all the details this worked not for me twice i would never buy it again my personal opinion

morganesky

I really quite like some of the illustrations, but found it a dud to read with - and the plain green backs - eugh. Sad, as I traded some other deck that did not speak to me for it...and no joy from the Wildwood, either. Too bad! Wanted to love it!

Wildwood = date with a really cute guy you love to look at - but who leaves you with your eyes glazed over at the end of the night - out of boredom or confusion - each equally bad!

lol exactly! I expected a better connection as I was quite a fan of the Druidcraft deck back in the day, never mind

Goddess Inspiration Cards - not very inspiring to me at all. It seems solid Goddess decks are near as difficult to connect with as animal decks