Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

CharlotteK

It's just a RWS clone - once you've got one, you've got them all. It's a pretty shallow one at that - check out the Star card!
Thanks, this is very true, I have got lots of RWS derivatives.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

CharlotteK

I agree. I have dozens of RWS clones in my drawer and some of them are really beautiful. But to read with them....it's all the same. Honestly, I am so much more called by TdM these days...
ETA: let me explain further. I feel RWS is very limiting in its meaning. The scening minors do not permit our imagination to run far...get for example the 9 of swords...it's hard to find this card yuppi-oh, whereare a pip card with 9 sword could definitely be interpreted positively.
Thanks! Yes I do have lots of other RWS family decks to read with. I have the app. That's enough. I don't need the deck :)

Nemia

Idiosyncradeck? with or without oracle?

The clean, fresh look of the Idiosyncradeck has worked its magic on me. I can't get this deck out of my head. Together with the oracle, it's way more than I can afford - but if I don't buy it now, I won't have another chance!

Can anyone de-enable me from this beauty?????

Barleywine

Wonderland Tarot in a Tin

I'm strongly considering pre-ordering this deck from Amazon. I've always been fascinated by the veiled (and not-so-veiled) archness and malice in the Wonderland story, finding it "cute" only on its very thinly laid surface. This deck seems to capture the mood perfectly.

There apparently was an original version. Do any of you who own it have anything to say about it either way?

http://www.usgamesinc.com/The-Wonderland-Tarot-in-a-Tin/

FaithY

The clean, fresh look of the Idiosyncradeck has worked its magic on me. I can't get this deck out of my head. Together with the oracle, it's way more than I can afford - but if I don't buy it now, I won't have another chance!

Following. I keep running back to look at this.

FLizarraga

I guess it all depends on whether you can read without human figures, since I don't see any in the cards I have found so far. This reminds me a little of the Tarot of Trees, another beautiful, smart deck I can do nothing with --beyond enjoying its art.

Personally, I might eventually get the oracle, but I will pass on the deck. If you can do without people, then by all means, buy it.

mrpants

I'm strongly considering pre-ordering this deck from Amazon. I've always been fascinated by the veiled (and not-so-veiled) archness and malice in the Wonderland story, finding it "cute" only on its very thinly laid surface. This deck seems to capture the mood perfectly.

There apparently was an original version. Do any of you who own it have anything to say about it either way?

http://www.usgamesinc.com/The-Wonderland-Tarot-in-a-Tin/

I got the first edition when it came out, loved it for probably about 5 years, mad a bag for it, etc and ultimately I ended up gifting it to a close friend. I absolutely loved it at the time, and I think it does have a fantastic sense of humor. The artwork very much echoes the John Tenniel illustrations, which is what sucked me in, but in the end, it's a RWS knock off.

Carojulie

I have recently been dipping into the Steampunk app from Fool's Dog and have been very surprised with how razor sharp the readings have been. The accompanying text (Barbara Moore?) is fantastic. I never had this deck on my wishlist to buy a physical copy of as I thought it might be a bit gimmicky but I am seriously considering it now as the app has way exceeded my expectations. However I'm a TOADie, I really shouldn't buy it. Can someone de-enable me please, urgently?

Hi Charlotte,
The images are cool, but the cardstock is horribly flimsy. As much as I like how some RWS cards are represented on this one, I am always disapointed by this deck when I hold it in my hands because of the cheapish quality of the cards. At least the app cannot disapoint you in this regard !

Nemia

Cosmos Tarot and Oracle deck - Light Grey Art Lab

I'm on the fence about this deck since the day I clapped eyes on it for the first time. Some cards are amazing, others puzzling, others seem really "off" to me. As collaborative deck, it's a fascinating effort, but how does it hold together as a deck? How do the tarot and the astronomy go together?

I'm a hobby stargazer (wouldn't dare to call myself anything more than that...) and this deck pulls me strongly - but I'm afraid it's just nice to look at. I like to use the decks I have, for reading, meditation, affirmation, all kind of nice things.

So, what can you tell me about this deck? Those who bought it - do you use it? has it become a fix star on your celestial cupola? or was it a short sweet quickly forgotten firework?

(I'm on the fence about three decks right now: Idiosyncradeck, Neopren's Wicked Pack and this one, the Cosmos...)