A new de-enabling thread

thorhammer

Mariana said:
Hey, it was a deck she didn't have... that in itself is special! :D
LOL very true! :laugh:

\m/ Kat

gregory

I KNOW. I am ASHAMED :|

Flagellates self...... with lettuce leaf.

Cat*

gregory said:
Flagellates self...... with lettuce leaf.
Noooo! Don't waste the good food! Go stump your toes on some huge heavy wooden chest full of tarot decks (I'm sure you can find something like this in your house, can't you?) instead, if you need further punishment. ;)

karenquilter said:
That is very good. You have almost convinced me. I am willing to take it off my Christmas wish list.
Yes, take it off the Christmas wish list. Do it right now. ... It's alright, just keep breathing. It'll get better in a minute. ... See? That's a very good first step. We're all very proud of you. Now, why don't you go and find yourself some distraction? How about quilting your own Japanese-themed tarot deck instead? That should keep you busy and distracted until you have forgotten about this other, uh, creation. :D Happy to help!

Gregory, Mariana, thanks for the compliments about my de-enabling abilities, too. I think I have found a calling here in this thread. *batting eyelashes* :D

GreenMoonBeam

karenquilter said:
That is very good. You have almost convinced me. I am willing to take it off my Christmas wish list.
K

Do you recall that {terrible} song 'I'm turning Japanese,I'm turning Japanese,
I really think so?'

Just imagine how you will pull your hair out when you try to read with that tune
in your brain. Shudders at the thought.

All Is One

Rosanne said:
I have it. My whole family felt the deep need to commit Hari Kari. I am now motherless, childless and friendless except for a stupid deck about a culture, that is far superior to a knock off deck about them.

Same for decks about Native Americans- I finally had to wrap them in blankets and put them up in trees- for they are dead to me.

I only purchase decks that I have a deep abiding dislike for. Tarot is soooo self flagellating. It reminds me that I should have spent the money on a goat or two.
Then again maybe I did.

~Rosanne

As Afrosaxon says:

*_______________________________________*

(flatline)

I need the paramedics. Now.

Rob

Anyone have the massively expensive Wooden Pirate Tarot and want to attempt to de-enable me? It's the most expensive thing on my wishlist (and makes up a quarter of the total value of stuff on said list), but it just looks so cool! I could just imagine reading with wooden cards. Quick, rescue me!

gregory

I don't own it. That says something.

But I have PMd the only person I know who does; I hope she will come in and help !

That said - the BIGGIE on my wish list is the wooden Kashmiri. There are only 2 in existence, as far as I know....

Debra

How would you shuffle them, Strat?

Le Fanu

Debra said:
How would you shuffle them, Strat?

Like dominoes I guess...

Sounds like a gimmick to me. Ive not seen the deck but would only be tempted if it were made with really good - possibly extinct - wood and done with really elegant marquetry or something, which I bet it isn´t.

Can you put a link so we can see how gimmicky it really is... Just out of interest how much is it??

PS... just found it. No marquetry in sight, just scratched in with a penknife..... From the Majors, it has a certain Robin Wood cutesiness which doesn´t go with the theme... Go on, come clean.... how much is it?

gregory

Le Fanu said:
Go on, come clean.... how much is it?
On TG it is $500. Even I have never paid THAT much for a deck..... :bugeyed: