A new de-enabling thread

moderndayruth

gregory said:
In the interests of de-enabling - I was in that thread, and MY box certainly is NOT stunning. It isn't even USEFUL. And the book is unbelievably awful.

And BTW the Pirates are pretty bad too. I have gone RIGHT OFF watercolour decks - they look muddy.
Lol, Greg, its not the same box Debra posted the link to, i don't know how that one looks in RL, but this one is beautiful, you can trust me on that! :D
We found a solution in the other thread with Derba and Rodney - i'll keep my pens in the box which will be placed on the coffee table... and i am putting glass-wall on one of the balconies, so i'll have more room for storage!

For the record - I did plan putting the glass wall earlier - that's in order not to remember this one as ' the low-cost deck de-enabling resulted in the expensive home re-decorating!' :D

gregory

Ah yes - the need for home extensions. I speak as one who - well, a lot of furniture has to go. A LOT. And then I need shelves and stuff. That does COST. Remember this when you stand in Borders and....

My box wouldn't even be nice for pens..... And the deck is kind of rigid and plastic.....

SolSionnach

BrightEye said:
Debra likes women with big thighs, MDR has morphed into a demagogue, and BrightEye is responsible for the global economic crisis. Lol. Sorry, which thread was this again?
lol

Well, now that we know who's responsible for the economy, what ya say we tie all her tarot decks to her feet and chuck her in the sea for punishment? ;)
.traveller. said:
General de-enabling since I don't know who wants what or why.

Just don't buy it. You're bored and looking for a thrill. Buy an espresso instead, you'll spend about the same and thrill will last about the same length of time, but you won't have the let down of ANOTHER DECK THAT DOESN'T WORK cluttering up your life.
If ya gotta have a fix... shop the stash and play with one of those.

(.traveller. walks away still giggling)
YAY!!! Someone's on topic! (and it isn't me...)
moderndayruth said:
Oh, Sravana, thanks for trying to be the voice of reason... It was a good try! :D
WELL. :mad: I'm glad someone is paying attention! :)))

MmmmMmph!

::Sravana stalks away, shaking her wee fists at the sky::

moderndayruth

sravana said:
lol

Well, now that we know who's responsible for the economy, what ya say we tie all her tarot decks to her feet and chuck her in the sea for punishment? ;)
Nah, BE's collection is too big for that, she'd sink ... And than we would miss her here in the de-enabling, so its not a good idea! :D
(There are some other reasons against, you say? :confused: :D )

sravana said:
YAY!!! Someone's on topic! (and it isn't me...)WELL. :mad: I'm glad someone is paying attention! :)))

Nah, it's just an illusion ... })

sravana said:
MmmmMmph!

::Sravana stalks away, shaking her wee fists at the sky::
:D :D :D

Le Fanu

OK. Why not... don´t usually bother asking to be de-enabled, but what the heck...

I saw a "printed in Belgium" Diamond Tarot cheap in a Tobacconists. I know I don´t need it, but I quite like the look of the kaleidoscopic-pyschedelic dizzy tunnel-vision RWS. Ive got enough decks which Im enjoying for the moment and am VERY excited about some decks which are about to arrive from sravana... so I don´t need to be told that it is a deck I won´t use...I probably will use it one day. Just not yet (and Ive checked out amazon & alida &c, and - you know - it isn´t so easy to get. If I don´t buy it now, I may never see it again...)

Yes, I suppose Im a collector too so the clutter argument won´t work either.

And it´s cheap, so the money argument won´t work either...

...erm.... O they also had The Roots of Asia. It was a toss up between one or the other and I´ll be passing nearby tomorrow; The Roots of Asia is a French edition, LWB French only, so Im more or less (but not totally) de-enabled by that fact alone, as I don´t speak French and I suspect it is a deck which really needs background stuff...

moderndayruth

Le Fanu said:
OK. Why not... don´t usually bother asking to be de-enabled, but what the heck...

I saw a "printed in Belgium" Diamond Tarot cheap in a Tobacconists. I know I don´t need it, but I quite like the look of the kaleidoscopic-pyschedelic dizzy tunnel-vision RWS. Ive got enough decks which Im enjoying for the moment and am VERY excited about some decks which are about to arrive from sravana... so I don´t need to be told that it is a deck I won´t use...I probably will use it one day. Just not yet (and Ive checked out amazon & alida &c, and - you know - it isn´t so easy to get. If I don´t buy it now, I may never see it again...)

Yes, I suppose Im a collector too so the clutter argument won´t work either.

And it´s cheap, so the money argument won´t work either...

...erm.... O they also had The Roots of Asia. It was a toss up between one or the other and I´ll be passing nearby tomorrow; The Roots of Asia is a French edition, LWB French only, so Im more or less (but not totally) de-enabled by that fact alone, as I don´t speak French and I suspect it is a deck which really needs background stuff...
Hmmm, at first i thought, why would i de-enable you, i mean, its affordable and myself i am a RWS fan...
But than i had a peak at the DT images here at cards section ... Goodness, it does sound as worth collecting, but i hope you won't be really reading with it, its too 'busy', my eyes hurt just from briefly looking at the images! I do think that one shall come with a warning of high risk of serious eye demage! Of course, you one can always trimm those crazy borders and remain with a brightly colored mini-RWS that's four times more expensive than the rest of identical mini RWS decks in the Universe... :D

gregory

Well, YES, Racines d'Asie is a bad idea if you don't speak French. It's pretty hairy even en Anglais.

And as for the Diamond - are you cross eyed ? Do you WANT to be ? If not - don't get it, cos you will be after.... :bugeyed:

(Of course if you are already cross eyed, that was not meant to be disrespectful to cross eyed people, and then I guess it wouldn't matter anyway....... though I suppose having it in the house would kill any chance of a cure.....:D)

Tansey Ella

I have laughed at you people, lol, who needs de-enabling? It is only tarot.
Hi my name is Tansey and I am a tarotholic. I can't seem to stop buying decks. I see a deck and regardless of what it is about, I buy. I have to stop or seriously slow down.
I still have tons of decks on my want list and just recently bought
Anna K
The fifth tarot
English version Rohrig no lwb
Mountain Dream
I'm over at that Adam guy's site thinking of spending serious money on one of those limited number decks. I had thought I would leave these to my granddaughters, and still will- but I have to live until I die. At 20-40 a deck or more a week, this is getting expensive.

magpie9

swimming in tarot said:
Librarian's Lung. Booklice.

BOOKLICE????? :bugeyed: BOOKLICE??????

Librarian's Lung????:bugeyed: Horrifying.:bugeyed: Tell me it ain't true...:eek: