A new de-enabling thread

SolSionnach

magpie9 said:
OMG! I always knew this day would come...I Want It!! :bugeyed: :eek: :eek:
Sigh.
Me too. Pips don't bother me, but I def need massive de-enabling!

All Is One

You people had me going there for awhile. I read her description about the colored pencils and the gold foil accents and I thought I was in terrible trouble. But I went to the illustrations and....come on!!!

They are bad cartoons! You guys are bewitched! The backs look like mud pies.

Get a grip. The death card is really simple and not mystical or even interesting. I need my skeletons to have depth and personality. Not just white bones.

You guys got me all ready to buy a deck and then......this? No way.

I think you guys were jes joshin.

magpie9

All Is One said:
You people had me going there for awhile.

:D I'll never tell! I will Brood in Mysterious Silence. :smoker:

SolSionnach

All Is One said:
You people had me going there for awhile. I read her description about the colored pencils and the gold foil accents and I thought I was in terrible trouble. But I went to the illustrations and....come on!!!

They are bad cartoons! You guys are bewitched! The backs look like mud pies.

Get a grip. The death card is really simple and not mystical or even interesting. I need my skeletons to have depth and personality. Not just white bones.

You guys got me all ready to buy a deck and then......this? No way.

Unfortunately, no. I find it appealing. And this from a die-hard repro TdM fan!!

MysticalMoose

thorhammer said:
. . . and who would want to lop bits of card off an OOP deck??? Eh, MM?? ;)

\m/ Kat
ME ME ME!!!! I didn't like mine much til they were trimmed & then they CAME TO LIFE!!

DO IT...DO ITTT })})

:D mwaaa-haa-haaaa })

All Is One

sravana said:
Unfortunately, no. I find it appealing. And this from a die-hard repro TdM fan!!

There's just no reasoning with some people. :D

AJ

re: Truth-Seekers, I was just going to copy and paste your Amazon review FM ;)

The last review there has a more serious issue. Did you find the cards themselves shoddy?

"The colors in this deck are beautiful, but the plastic coating on the cards did not last through a single reading."

I think we'd all be better served spending our $$'s elsewise.

FaireMaiden

Truth Seekers Tarot

AJ said:
re: Truth-Seekers, I was just going to copy and paste your Amazon review FM ;)

The last review there has a more serious issue. Did you find the cards themselves shoddy?

"The colors in this deck are beautiful, but the plastic coating on the cards did not last through a single reading."

I think we'd all be better served spending our $$'s elsewise.
AJ... I was all set to buy this deck... even after Janet's review, *lol*... I just loved the pictures! So, I went to Barnes & Noble to get it, and I don't often buy decks at a store at all. I buy online. Anyways, I wanted to actually 'see and feel' them before I bought, hence my trip to the bookstore. The clerk opened the package for me to peruse and my heart sank... SANK, I tell you!

They just WERE NOT as pictured online. All the great online-vibrancy of the pictures was gone. I was utterly disappointed. They seemed meek, murky, and cartoony once I had them in my hands... The card-stock felt flimsy... The unillustrated pips really pissed me off as the artist took the time to fill up the pips with artistry that relates to exactly nothing! *sigh*, instead of going fully illustrated all the way, or Marseilles all the way... No, the artist put in just enough bogus art to confuse both camps, grrrrrrrr.

I had two immediate thoughts: 'Paycheck Deck' and '$20-bucks for a box'.

I gave the whole mess back to the clerk and walked-out.

morticia monroe

One more thought on the Revelations...

Every time I tried to use it, those robot people popped up and I couldn't concentrate for the sound of Styx's "Mr Roboto" running through my head. I just didn't understand the robot people. They were almost creepy.