78 Weeks: Star

jmd

To find out what these threads refer to, please seeThe link above provides suggested dates and links to all threads for this study.

Some amongst us may be working through the deck in a different order, and using different decks.

For more general comments or questions about the 78 weeks, please post in the thread linked above.

Enjoy!

TemperanceAngel

I usually wake and meditate with my card first, but this week I thought I would leave the meditation for later.
I have also decided to get rid of the Russian deck, it just wasn't working for me....
Instead I will be introducing a Thoth deck (when I get it) and will come back and re-study the cards I have already done with the deck.
When I arrived at work last Friday I found another readers card under the table, it was The Star, Thoth Crowley, it's calling me and has been almost 10 years since it last did :)

I was reading some info to my very Aquarian husband about is sign and The Star is the Aquarius card. The key word was:
RECOGNITION
I have never used this word for the Star before (not that I can recall anyway), but I love it, it's brilliant :)

RWS: The difference I notice between The Star and Temperance, is that Temperance is trying to obtain a balance, where as the Star seems very happy with balance. The woman looks very comfortable (almost a 'thinker-like' position), the water is being poured equally.
I think of the term, "reaching for the stars", and it makes me think of aspirations and ambitions, reaching as high as you can and want for your goals.
The ibis perched on the tree, Thoth, wisdom and writing.
Freedom and liberation, rejuvenation and balance.

HERBAL: Skullcap - is a nervine, very good to use in drug withdrawal, helps with sleep and freeing the mind, bringing peace to it. And The Star does bring and well deserved peace after The Devil and Tower!
The woman on the deck is clothed and sitting peacefully by the water, the water from her jug flowing happily with stars pictured with it. Not only does the night sky illuminate our lives, but so does the Earth, if we look cloesly enough :)
Water connects us to our emotions and psychic realms, the flow should always try to be balanced.
The skullcap plant has beautiful blue flowers....
XTAX

TemperanceAngel

Reflecting on the Tarot as I was going to sleep, I thought about the Herbal deck with the water being poured with the stars in it and thought about when you look into water at night you can see the stars, so REFLECTION came to mind, also that water represents the depths of the Universe, maybe? The woman of both cards are looking down as opposed to looking into the sky.
XTAX
Edited to add that I have found this card very inspiring, so INSPIRATION is another keyword :)
Perhaps the Star is about reflecting one's inner beauty, recognition, inspiration......

Moonbow

Hadar marseilles

The main points in the description of this card are that the woman is naked, she is pouring liquid from two vessels, one onto the ground and the other into the water. There are eight stars above her - the largest of which is centre stage and there is a bird in one of the trees.

She looks sad and glum and my feelings say it is because she is pouring away the liquid which represents the spirituality of man. I have tried not to base my feelings about this card on the colours but find it impossible. She has blue hair and faces the past - a reflective and spiritual state. I always see birds as a representative of freedom and the fact that she is also naked confirms this feeling. The stars signify the hope and inspiration aspects of the card. Words that come to mind with the Star are: guidance, inspiraion, love, help, tranquility, renewal, reflection, faith.

To me she is pouring away unhappiness, maybe it is feelings, the past, some kind of sadness and the renewal and hope etc comes in the form of the stars. In many cultures, for generations people have navigated by the stars and therein lies the hope. Ancestors of the Hawaiian and Polynesian people have used stars to navigate to safety (maybe they still do?)

Moonbow

Just realised TA has used the word INSPIRATION for this card too - well now I know I'm doing something right!! :D

TemperanceAngel

Great minds think alike, Moonbow* :D :D :D XTAX

Osher

Just a quick thought that struck me (ouch):

In The Last Battle, (the VII and final Chronicle of Narnia) when you meet the stars it indicate that the end is near. Strange parallel to this, no?

Major Tom

For me, The Star is the undying symbol of Hope and the Grace of God. No matter what has gone on before, there is both inner and outer support for further growth and development. Any assistance needed is always there. This ties in perfectly with my firm belief that God is Everything. No matter what one may have done in life everything is still everything.

As this trump's human character wears no clothing, there was absolutely no change necessary for my sketch. Somehow or other this made the drawing a bit more difficult. :laugh:

Attachments

• xvii the star.jpg
    xvii the star.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 163

smleite

In the last days, I started to see The Star also as a symbol of a direct way to God (or whatever you might call “it”). The Star appears to me as the opposite of the Pope, this latter related to a mediated way of ascension. The Star is a direct and fast lane of Spirituality. Trough it, and even if it involves sacrifice, we can experience enlightment and reunite with our inner and divine nature. And it can happen that very moment - this being the true Grace of God.

hedgecub

Reflections on the Robin Wood's Star

I see the star as representing the state of a soul as it nears Nirvana.

The woman in the card is naked, showing that she has understood and embraced her true self, and she is smiling as she pours water into the lake and milk onto the ground, showing that she gives freely and gladly of her love and compassion.
The huge star in the night sky shows that she has entered the darkness of the mysteries of the universe, and found the bright light of truth within.