Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings

Decks You Wish You Hadn't Bought?

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot > Tarot Decks

Resident

TarotCharioteer 

Thanks for the reply, LRichard - especially for the talcum power tip re: "sticky" cards

I agree with you regarding the Wang Golden Dawn deck overall - the artwork is somewhat crude, and I'd add it's very, very sparse. I would love to "combine" aspects of the Cicero Golden Dawn and the Wang Golden Dawn decks. But as it stands right now, those two decks are my least favorites. I read online that there's a new Golden Dawn deck in production, and can't wait to see the finished result.
Top   #301
Citizen

danny.mac85 

I really wish I wouldn't have gotten the Fairy Tale tarot and Animals Divine tarot by Lisa Hunt. Really pretty to look at, but horrendous to read.
Housewives Tarot. I always feel like it would make more sense if I had a really strong martini(sp?)
Tarot of the Vampyres. Can not just can not read with them, really pretty but eghhh.
Thoth. What is that, no really What does that mean? I think that maybe not having any sense of geometry would have thrown me off of this deck (Hate you geometry)
but no I wanted it cause all the cool kids have it. (sigh)

Danielle
Top   #302
Fugitive from the law of averages

Aulruna 

Well, I'm a kinda completionist collector (I know I can't reach that goal!) - so every deck is batter than no deck and at least serves as another tile in the big mosaic that is my collection.

Some are forced to live in very dark corners of my home though.

I do regret that in my early ebay days I fell for the deceptive ways of one particular seller who renamed the Egorov, showed only cropped parts of the cards and I did not recognize it and overpaid ... I played the Deck ID game on here for a loooong time after that one!
Top   #303
Oversized hobbit

Morwenna 

It's so interesting to read what people like and don't like! Several of my absolute favorites are here in the Regrets thread. I guess that's why there are so many decks on the market...

But I've gotten fussier in my old age. I'll look at a deck several times before caving. Sometimes I'll see one on AT that sparks my interest, only to drop it off the list once I see it in person (sometimes even the box will turn me off); other times a maybe will turn into a Definitely once I actually see a card in person!

After last year's splurge, I'm having an enforced dry spell. I can't afford any disappointments right now.
Top   #304
Seeker, Patterner, Questioner, Dreamer

Aerin 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny.mac85
Thoth. What is that, no really What does that mean? I think that maybe not having any sense of geometry would have thrown me off of this deck (Hate you geometry)
but no I wanted it cause all the cool kids have it. (sigh)
Hey, I am on my third Thoth having sworn to never ever buy it again TWICE.

I now have it "for reference purposes" :devil:
Top   #305
Citizen

MysticalMoose 

I have had hardly any tarot-regrets for a considerable time. Probably because I am more sure of what I like now & what works for me... & I try & check out all the cards if I can find scans & read the reviews etc more than I used to do. I used to be tempted to click BUY after seeing a couple of cards that I was drawn to. I've also stopped trying to "get" the Thoth and given it up as a bad job
Top   #306
Citizen

GryffinSong 

Yup, I'm right there with you two on the Thoth. I bought it, never got on with it. Then I bought the Liber T, thinking that would be better. Never got on with it either. Both are long gone and not at all missed.
Top   #307
Citizen

martyn_uk 

The Sun and Moon Tarot!
I know it's quite new and popular but I really can't get to grips with the minimalist artwork (although very pretty).I just hit a complete blank when I try to read with it
Top   #308
Citizen

OctoberGwen 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GryffinSong
Yup, I'm right there with you two on the Thoth. I bought it, never got on with it. Then I bought the Liber T, thinking that would be better. Never got on with it either. Both are long gone and not at all missed.
I don't like the Thoth at all, which I thought made me a shallow twit. Thank God I'm not the only one!

I returned mine to the eBay seller I bought it from. (It smelled funny, which put me right off, but that's not the only reason.) I've never felt drawn to the images at all, but figured I should try it in person rather than simply judge it online when so many folks think it's brilliant.

Nope. Not for me.
Top   #309
Citizen

Daemon Lover 

Infinite Visions!

When I was looking through the cards I noticed that the beautiful Pre-Raphaelite images are all blurry! I feel really disappointed .
Top   #310

Tarot Cards & Reviews          Free Tarot Readings           What's New           Tarot Card Meanings
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2020 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.