the phantomwise tarot - deck in progress

Voron

alizarin said:
Thank you all so much! You certainly have me more motivated to finish the deck.

Just added the Emperor, hopefully I'll be able to finish the Hierophant this week as well.

gallery

Wow! His composition is rather simple, but just...perfect! A perfect matched set with the Empress! He has a neat agelessness about him....he's youngish, but looks *very* mature.

Keep up the great work!

Chronata

Wow, just discovered this...and I am enthralled...absolutely in love, in fact!

Everything ...from the deck title ("still she haunts me, phantomwise..." :D) to the somewhat wonderlandic dreamy and surreal atmosphere...to the gorgeous coloration.

You have something amazing and delightful here.

I am very excited to see more!

Little Hare

these cards are So BEAUTIFUL! you have another buyer here :D i adore the fool, the magician and the high priestess! i can't wait to see more.

What amazing talent!

alizarin

I'm really glad that you guys like the deck so much. I hope it continues to meet approval, there are a whole lot more cards to go.

I just added the Hierophant. He's kind of untraditional but I think it works. Besides, I had to get my cats in the deck somehow: gallery.

Sulis

Lovely :)

I love the way The Hierophant seems to be sitting in a library... and your cats look as if they're really listening to what he has to say.

These images have a very magical feel to them.... Very atmospheric. They remind me of quite dark fairy tale images.

I like them a lot.

Chronata

Oh! The Hierophant is WONDERFUL!

as is this whole project so far!

I think he fits in perfectly with the others, and gets away from that stern Popeness, while still conveying the Hierophant's wise traditional ways.

Oh no...now I want MORE!!!! :D (but no rush!)

Eraserqueen

Wow! I really love the macabre art deco look you have going on in this deck. I am new to tarot, but I think you have the making of a great set here! What type of paint do you use, acrylic?

alizarin

Eraserqueen, thank you! And yes they are acrylic, each one is a 5"x7" acrylic painting using only mars black and titanium white, and mixtures of the two.

Sinner, the resemblance is completely unintentional! I had no idea, that's funny. No wonder she insisted on having those sticks in her hair.