The Dark Angels Tarot

JennyNY39

I am so excited! Checked amazon yesterday for some other reason...and saw they were getting ready to ship Dark Angels...one week early! So the estimated delivery was march 30th. Looked again today and it will be here...today! 4 days early :) I love amazon.

Golden Moon

Amazon has already shipped the Dark angels tarot YEA!!!!!!!!!!:D

rwcarter

First reaction to the images is DRAMA, Melodrama, Drama Queens, overwrought, folks who are just trying too hard.

Reactions to specific cards:
  • High Priestess - looks like Cher to me
  • Emperor - looks like a beaten down Gandalf from the Lord of the Rings
  • Devil - I do like the image, but it reminds me of an overwrought 80's video (Harden My Heart comes immediately to mind, but I'm sure that's not the one I'm thinking of)
  • 7 Cups - I like that the Dark Angel has turned away from the RWS image, giving a whole new slant to interpretations for this card (I've not looked at the LWB yet)
  • 9 Cups - methinks she's drunk out of all 9 of those cups....
  • King Cups - another overwrought 80's video (Robert whatshisface from that group....)
  • Page Wands - yet another overwrought 80's video, but the guy's from a different group than the guy in the King Cups
  • 3 Swords - for a revisioning of the RWS 3S, this isn't bad. I might even go so far as to say I like it....
  • rest his soul, but I see Michael Jackson in a number of cards

I love the card backs! I don't think they necessarily go with the fronts, but they are still lovely. And I see that like the Shaman Tarot the border on the back is a different width and color than the border on the front of the cards. In this case, the front border is thicker than the back border.

Reading the introduction in the LWB, I can see why I get such a strong sense of drama and overwroughtness from the images.

I like the Secret Heart spread and can see using it with any deck.

Lillie, you did a wonderful job with the LWB. Would that more LWBs actually gave interpretations that make sense in lieu of the imagery on the cards!

This is not a deck I'll use often, but there are definitely people and situations for which this is the perfect deck to read with....

Rodney

Onyx

My deck is stuck at freakin' UPS storage. I hate UPS. Hate them, hate them hate them!

I am looking forward to seeing the deck for myself after I go and pick it up. Not sure how it will go but should be an interesting deck to explore.

Onyx.

Lillie

rwcarter said:
Lillie, you did a wonderful job with the LWB. Would that more LWBs actually gave interpretations that make sense in lieu of the imagery on the cards!

Rodney

Thank you :)

Golden Moon

Onyx said:
My deck is stuck at freakin' UPS storage. I hate UPS. Hate them, hate them hate them!

I am looking forward to seeing the deck for myself after I go and pick it up. Not sure how it will go but should be an interesting deck to explore.

Onyx.

Same problem Onyx:(. I wont get my deck on Wen.

Annabloem

I just found out about this deck, and it's now on the top of my wishlist. The cards look absolutely amazing.

jrankin16

Just got it!

My Dark angel's deck just showed up yesterday. I love it! It's a little dark but in a beautiful way.

Moona

I´m quite enraptured by the Dark Angels. I was a bit unsure when I ordered it, but these darkly beautiful cards suprised me positively. The spread presented in the LWB was very accurate, every card of it was "right".
Drama? Oh yes, I love drama; it´s my thing, but the strangest and loveliest thing about this deck is the fact that with these cards the question is not whether I understand the cards or not; they understand me! They know how I feel and console and encourage me in a painfully honest but discreet way. "Bitter hope and dark solace" indeed.
I don´t use the Angels exclusively (that would be too melancholic) but currently, when many distressing things are going on in my life simultaneously, this is The Deck. I even had to take it to work with me (where it´s absolutely not possible to use it), because I needed to feel it´s comforting presence near me. Obviously I´m a bit dark soul. :)

Le Fanu

Still unsure about this one. I have had it strongly recommended to me by an AT friend whose opinion I trust and yet...

Haven't been able to see enough cards to convince me

...and I can't help thinking there is something a bit kitsch about the images (the few I've seen) and the name! I'm still open to persuasion (but rodney's comments haven't helped :D).