The Dark Angels Tarot

Owl Song

I forget which card it is but there's a dark angel that reminds me of 80s Ozzy Osbourne.

missy

I'm reviving this thread because after receiving my Dark Angels, at first when I looked at the artwork, I thought it was okay, but not exactly what I was expecting. I wasn't in a hurry to read with it, so I put it in a drawer.

This week, it is my deck of the week, and I am surprised at the depth of this deck in reading with it and how BEAUTIFUL this deck is! :D It has knocked my socks off! :surprise:

Here are a few other observations about this delicious deck! :D

One is the phenomenal cardstock by Lo Scarabeo. This is a deck with black borders -- yes, those dreaded black borders some decks have -- yet the cardstock isn't going to chip. You can shuffle away!

Lo Scarabeo chooses such wonderful stock, even though it isn't particularly thick; it is just good quality stock -- I wish I knew just HOW these things are done. :D

Also, the gold touches on the Majors borders are fabulous. I don't know what technique this is. (Each suit has a different colored border.) It isn't actual "gold." The contrast on the Majors between the gold and black is so nice I almost wish that all of the suits had this same gold border.

All in all, a fabulous deck.

Winterchild

Thanks Missy!

Thanks for that Missy... I had the same reaction as you about the deck.... but to be honest I didn't try to read with it I don't think. I was going to put it up for trade but I shall go and search it out with renewed hope!

BlueFox

Blew my &&^%in' mind, man.

Wow, I don't know how long it's been since I posted here, this deck was the First Tarot deck I ever read with, it has been creepily accurate, someone once accidentally spilled a drink over on a reading I had spread out on a bandana, I thought for sure it would ruin it even with my efforts to dry/save the cards, as it turns out, it did not, they survived & were not damaged or warped, when I first got them I decided "No Reversals" even though it wasen't based on the back/art I simply wanted to remove the "Negative" interpretations.. dunno why, maybe guides or Angels showing me the way, the Death card suits me (A Scorpio) perfectly, while the "King of Wands" describes me (Both the general & the book descriptions) to a T, scary it keeps coming up in the "You" Position so often I've quit reading with them, though Missy's "revive" post has me inspired to go back to using them.
~Angel <3~ Edited to comply with Terms&Conditions

tarotcognito

I love black borders. Wish more decks had them. :)

I like the look of this deck, but I don't resonate with it enough to give it a try with readings. I pull it out from time to time to gaze at the cards, though. The images are pretty, but in my opinionm it doesn't feel like a dark deck in spite of the dark colours.

Falling_Star

I just love the idea behind the deck - the despair of the demise of man mixed with the enjoyment of the angels basking in the end of days is slightly creepy but strangely seductive

greatdane

Hemera

You seem to know this deck well. I have found the scans I saw intriguing. I like gothic, but not too "dark," as in trying too hard to be dark. This looks...more subtle, but still taking you deeper. I have read the posts, but many are saying they wish to get it or are, like me, intrigued. Anything else you can add, Hemera? Seems like it is a deck you find that isn't too far off the RWS path, so for those of us who use RWS decks, not such a stretch.
Are there any cards that may be too unsettling or graphic if I use it to read for others?

greatdane

And a PS....

Can anyone explain how the backs go with the deck? It's not that I mind the backs at all, they just so don't seem to match the deck. But there may be a connection I am missing.
ATers?

Hemera

There is a Study Group for this deck. It would be really great to have it revived :)

Seems like it is a deck you find that isn't too far off the RWS path, so for those of us who use RWS decks, not such a stretch.
Are there any cards that may be too unsettling or graphic if I use it to read for others?
Yes, it is very RWS and also very beautiful and gentle. I don´t think there is anything unsettling there -apart from a few old skulls here and there :p

Can anyone explain how the backs go with the deck? It's not that I mind the backs at all, they just so don't seem to match the deck. But there may be a connection I am missing.
ATers?
I don´t honestly know what the backs have to do with the deck. I don´t like the backs. If they wanted to choose a masquerade mask they could have made it prettier. Even the color doesn´t work with the deck because there is not much in the cards of that particular color (petrol/turquoise).

MoonGypsy

i had that deck for a short time a couple of years ago.
i really didn't care for it at all. i don't remember why...