Reading with this deck: suggestions?

sworm09

I'm by no means an expert but I think your question was too vague.

Think well before you lay out your cards. Write down what you want each position to say beforehand.

For example: the girl's view of your relationship, your view, the relationship seen objectively.

Or: what you know about the girl, what you don't know about the girl, how she feels about you.

Although other might disagree, I can tell you that from my experience, cards give more effective readings when asked about issues that you have control over. Why it may make us very curious to know what others think, feel, or hide, I think these are intrusive and sometimes unethical questions. You have to respect the boundaries of what another person protects from you.

So if I were you, I'd ask the cards: what do I have to know to take this relationship to the next level? What do I want, what do I need, what will happen? or similar questions.

Prepare a piece of paper with the positions, define pretty precisely what your question and the card positions are, and then go ahead. Write down the result - in free writing sometimes ideas come up which are difficult sitting there all alone.

And then don't ask the same question again until you've implemented some of the advice the cards gave you.

If you treat the cards that way, even spikey old Thoth, you will over time find that meanings accumulate.

I think you're right.

When I'm not specific with this deck, it usually answers something about me entirely different though very much so related. I asked the Thoth deck the other day if I should know anything about a few of my friends leaving our university. The answer I got nearly put me in tears: it pointed out the fact that I was asking the question because I was afraid of being left alone, it showed me that I have a steep dependence on other people that's holding back much of my freedom, and that even if I decided to leave WITH them, the problem would still stand.

Now in regards to asking either objective questions or questions that don't intrude on another's space is another good tip. If the answers ARE indeed coming from yourself, then it makes sense that asking a question about someone else's feelings would lead to blurry results at best.