Lovers Path Tarot

FaerieStorm

This deck--based on the scans--is much more beautiful than the artist's Goddess Tarot deck. However, the "lovers" theme seems like it might be too much for an entire Tarot deck. Does anyone have this deck? What do you think of it? And the companion book?

Cerulean

Yes. Details follow. Yes...I agree...and I enjoy the companion book

You know, it has become an 'iconic' symbol tarot for me...in that the 22 majors plus an extra card (Alchemy) with the introductory kit seems very lovely. Large cards, great art.

The courts are nicely characterized as well. I like them quite a bit.

After looking through the story of each suit, I feel this tarot is a great general reading tarot with a softer look if I were inclined to read more for people with relational questions...

I don't use the cards for myself...because when I work on my own relational questions, I don't use tarot cards. I've used the deck a few times...I find the book very valuable in terms of writing out reflections for others when I do read with the cards..

I heard that the author/artist is going to be doing a fictional book of sorts and somehow it might be tied with the tarot deck...funny how the lush tarots such as this one and the Tarot of Prague, I adore...but somehow these two tarots seem like something one uses for a wedding, anniversary or special celebration--my filters, perhaps.

Best regards

Cerulean

Jaelle

I bought the set (book+deck) about a month ago! The set is gorgeous, the artwork is very beautiful but i must be honest, i had trouble using the deck for actual readings. The lovers theme is very nice but i think that sometimes the scene depicted on the card doesn't match the meaning of the card or at least the meaning of the card doesn't show up from the picture very clearly! So i think i'll just keep the deck and gorgeous box for my collection...oh, one more thing! The cards are very big-sized and it's too hard for me to shuffle them! My hands are very small and the big cards of this deck don't make things easier! :(

Vadella

I love it. I barely use it though. Not for any bad reason. I really enjoy the stories that go along with each suit. It's a beautiful set for any collector and a great set for relationship issues. :)

SunChariot

FaerieStorm said:
This deck--based on the scans--is much more beautiful than the artist's Goddess Tarot deck. However, the "lovers" theme seems like it might be too much for an entire Tarot deck. Does anyone have this deck? What do you think of it? And the companion book?

I have both the Goddess deck and the Lover's Path. They are both beautifully drawn, but I agree with you that the artwork in the Lover's Path is even more beautiful.

I don't find it too much. Maybe if it were your only deck. But I have a bunch more and I use this deck just for questions about my love life. Kris tried to make the book meanings applicable to any question you could ask. But for me I use it only for those questions, when I have a problem in that area. And I should say I have been happy with the results.

In fact I will be thrilled if certain things work out as the deck predicted. :)

Bar

Genna

I use it for love questions,and sometimes for other questions as well.I find it the best deck yet for questions about love and relationships.