Difficulty Reading New Decks

morticia monroe

Aziah, I can only think of one deck that I "took to" immediately. All other decks just kind of needed to be broken in by use and handling.

When I'm not getting good readings with a deck, I put more time in with it. I hold it and slowly shuffle while I watch television, set it on the counter in the kitchen while I cook supper, put it on the computer desk when I'm visiting AT, even take them in the car with me when I pick my son up from school. I make them my constant companion for a few days, and the few that were particularly resistant went under my pillow at night. A few days together usually did the trick.

I DID have a few that I finally just put away, thinking "We just aren't clicking." But eventually, the deck came back into my mind and I knew it was time to give them another chance, and in those cases the second time was the charm. One that springs to mind is the Golden. I loved the deck, but we just didn't click. I've had it for almost two years and suddenly last month (after about a year and a half of non-use) I gave it another good hard look and it started reading beautifully. So hang in there!

Aziah

Thanks guys for the helpful advice! I really appreciate it!!! :D

Stormdancer

This has been the case for me....I've been searching long for the perfect deck...and I've found many of those...but also many more of the kind that "just don't work for me"....What a strange and VERY fun journey. I've also let go of decks when it might of been better to hang on to them...others were best sent on their way to someone who might appreciate them for what they have to offer...

Let them sit for awhile with you...you'll know in your heart if it is'nt going to work for you...

Stormdancer