Tarot Wayfarer project: Is this actual Tarot Magic?

cirom

Actually, it is odd that folk talk about Marcus Katz as a "cult of personality" but ignore Tali Goodwin who is a co-author and seems to be the main researcher! Is this a gender thing?

Rhosyn.

Actually this is an example of mistaken assumptions that gets retold and reinforced, and yet based on ignorance of the facts. There are people here who are not really interested in what this project is, they are merely trashing the organization behind it. Trying to find connections and then veiled accusations or plagerism of every work of fiction that comes to mind
Let's be quite clear here, I am not defending a friend, I make my judgement calls about people based on what I actually know, not just heresay. Over the years I have had a few business dealings with the Tarot Association, some commissioned work and speaking fees. On no occasion have I had reason to question those dealings. That is my personal reference, not third party on line gossip.
And what I know (as should anyone who has actually met Marcus and Tali) is that he tends to take the leading role is speaking and being more the public face of the relationship, because Tali has difficulty in speaking, she is limited by an extreme stutter, which is made worse by the additional nerves of attempting to speak publically. Yet her equal stautus in the relationship is clearly appreciated and understood.

Come on people, please stop with this character assasination. All I'm asking is that you discuss the project not the man, judge the project, positively or negatively once you have seen it. Don't just trash it because of who is behind it and do so before you even know exactly what it is. Some ridicule the marketing and claim it doesn't make sense to you, yet it's being discussed, which suggests to me that the marketing has worked. And hopefully so, years of work hinge on the fickle balance of a Kickstarter campaign, of course a lot of effort has gone into improving those chances.

Not only do phrases like "scam" and "outright lies" not have a place in a forum such as this. It's also borderline libelous in a legal sense, as such posts might indeed have their desired effect, namely to create doubt about the project. That is just not moral. Its also ironic in that those terms are how the majority of people in the world would describe the whole concept of tarot.

gregory

Thanks Ciro - I didn't know whether it was OK to mention Tali's stutter :) I too have met them - and while Marcus is irritating in manner, he isn't a scam artist. Or a liar. He is a damn good marketer, though. And let's face it - he needs to be.

cirom

I wasn't sure wether I should have mentioned that about Tali, although of course it can hardly be a secret. and I don't want to come across as Marcus's PR man either because I'm not. But all this on line assumption is getting out of hand.
PS I loved your marmite man description.

gregory

I wasn't sure wether I should have mentioned that about Tali, although of course it can hardly be a secret. and I don't want to come across as Marcus's PR man either because I'm not. But all this on line assumption is getting out of hand.
PS I loved your marmite man description.
Marcus Marmite. :p You tell him })

Alta

Thank you both for this enlightening exchange.

And now back to actual topic, the Tarot Wayfarer project.

Alta

cirom

Thanks Alta. Yes. Please, just the project.

Attachments

• lodge of the key.jpg
    lodge of the key.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 103

gregory

Which, as I said it would, looks stunning. If I were EVER going to go for virtual reality, this would be the one I'd go for. Too many I've seen, the artwork starts to slip up.

I'm guessing that in a way it will be a much cleverer and pleasanter kind of interaction as TarotTown ? Assuming personas and so on, rather than showing up at the fountain as yourself ?

cirom

Don't quote me on this, because honestly I'm not clear on many of the actual details of functionality. Its way above my head. But in general terms i don't think its role playing. One can participate as one's true self, should you choose to of course. But you would be able to leave your personal thoughts or readings in both a virtual and real world locations. Other members would in turn be able to locate those readings, share them, comment on them, respond to them. Think (technically) pokemon, geo cashing, augmented reality, all connected with GPS locating, not as a game per say, but as an entertaining immersive means of sharing the tarot experience with others. Contributing to and accessing the contribution from others.

Me? i just visualize the concepts and locations i was provided and present them in a visually cohesive manner, but thats just the decoration of the stage so to speak, the performance itself is the actual plot and the performers (the subscribed members).

There now, I'm sure thats all much clearer....hmmm maybe not :)

blue_fusion

Is it RPG? In POV? Is it like one of those mystery things where one looks for clues? Can't wait to read more about it, once the project's launched. If ever this one ends up like a huge success, maybe the organizers can consider taking the MMORPG route. :D

Farzon

Hmm, I already thought it would be something like this from the descriptions. I really consider trying it but I fear I won't have enough time to participate in yet another Tarot community besides work and a bunch of other hobbies [emoji20].