Tarot in Movies

Vechernitsa

Amazing! Thank you very much Debra!

This will be next deck! Awesome!

Chiriku

Did anyone mention Disney's latest musical, THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG?

It's set in Depression-era (I think) New Orleans, and the "villain" is a "bayou sorcerer" type with all sorts of magic tricks and evil doings up his sleeve. At one point, he reads cards and I'm pretty sure they were tarot, if I remember correctly.

Of course, as it's an animated movie, the deck was drawn by artists.

Greg Stanton

Chiriku said:
Of course, as it's an animated movie, the deck was drawn by artists.
As opposed to...?

Chiriku

Greg Stanton said:
As opposed to...?

As opposed to being an actual 3-D deck (like the ones in live-action movies) you can pick up and use; it's an animated image on screen.

Greg Stanton

Ah, I thought you meant a deck that was not drawn by artists.

BlueRosary

Chiriku said:
Did anyone mention Disney's latest musical, THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG?
I think it was that tarot reading scene that made the movie for me!

Though the cards were made up images just for the movie.

Moonson

"THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG" has a tarot reading? uhh... didn't knew that!
Now i want to see it.. :)

Silverlyn

pippi said:
Just watched the movie, "Bewitched" last night (Nicole Kidman and Will Ferrell). There's a scene in the beginning of the movie in Bed, Bath & Beyond, where she pulls out a tarot deck at the cash register and swipes a card through the machine, and it turns into a credit card.

Now if I could only make my cards do that...

Oh I LOVE that part of that movie! lol. :) And the scene when her and Aunt Clara are doing the 'Hex'. Cute movie!

I also love Practical Magic. Was there any Tarot in that, surely there had to be?!

Moonson

Silverlyn said:
I also love Practical Magic. Was there any Tarot in that, surely there had to be?!

Yes, it's a good one! hm.. but, I don't remember a tarot scene on Practical Magic

HearthCricket

Possibly already mentioned, but I just spotted the Golden Rider in the movie Now and Then. :)

Now back to the movie!