Aces as People?

.traveller.

How do you read these Aces when they appear as people? They are so primary in nature; I have a hard time coming up with something that feels right.

Fulgour

Thoth

Book T said:
First in order and importance are the Four Aces, representing the Force of the Spirit, acting in, and binding together, the Four Scales of each Element: and answering to the Dominion of the Letters of the Name in the Kether of each. They represent the Radical Forces. The Four Aces are said to be placed on the North Pole of the Universe wherein they revolve, governing its revolution; and ruling as the connecting link between Yetzirah and the Material Plane or Universe.
How do you translate "the north pole of the universe"?

.traveller.

Ow. Brain pain. Let's see, after reading that... aces seem to represent gods or goddesses, pure elemental beings that are set apart from everything and everyone else. Words like 'powerful' and 'remote' come to mind.

In practical terms, these are people to whom others are likely to give their power. The Ace of Swords would be seen as intimidatingly brilliant, The Ace of Wands as overwhelmingly passionate- dangerous. The Ace of Pents would be like Lady Luck herself. The Ace of Cups would be seen as magnetically attractive, magically so.

WalesWoman

Might they also be "loners", complete in themselves, indivisable? Or simply someone fresh and new and full of potential?

Prime comes to mind too. :D

Fulgour

"Aces as People" suggests the context of a reading,
so there would be helpful indications from the cards
nearby...but no matter which, it would be powerful.

I sometimes relate the Aces to the Kings, and the
Pages to the Queens~ with 10s mutably Knightish.

Ladybro

Many times ago I read that the Ace of sword represent a Wizard.
I think, may be, in a spread to describe or to represent a man / or woman that use to do things like magic, but they are not a Magician ( Arcano 1 ) probably could appear Ace of sword

starrystarrynight

Perhaps he/she has the potential full depth of the suit showing (vis a vis the relationship with the seeker asking), but needs the spark to light the fuse, so to speak. Perhaps the seeker is that spark...

.traveller.

WalesWoman said:
Might they also be "loners", complete in themselves, indivisable? Or simply someone fresh and new and full of potential?

Prime comes to mind too. :D

Hmm. That rang some bells.
Fulgour said:
"Aces as People" suggests the context of a reading,
so there would be helpful indications from the cards
nearby... .~I sometimes relate the Aces to the Kings

Generally, in readings, they show up with Trumps, especially Judgement/Aeon, and The World. I have a reading posted in the other forum regarding an Ace/Trump combo.
I've always thought of Aces as being above or higher than Kings, but that probably just means that I play poker too often.

Ladybro said:
Many times ago I read that the Ace of sword represent a Wizard.
Now that's a nice bit of information! I can see that correlation, thanks!

starrystarrynight said:
has the potential full depth of the suit
I was playing around with that idea last night. It would require one to have a deep understanding of the lessons of the suit in question, in order to give an adequate reading.

gorgeousbutterfly

i see any person who are ace of cups,pentacles, swords or wands to be the epitome of the qualities of the suit presented. as an example...

ace of wands for example, wands fire-passion,drive,intution,creative force. the person will be very talented creatively, have acute intuition, be very spirtual and have alot of fiery drive that moves them forward. there is a strong spirtual center in these people which makes them passionate about things like art and creativity. there desire will be burning, the motivation to create will be at its peak, and spirtuality and intution will be heightened.

-this comes for me alot as quality and life purpose. so i feel this describes me very well who i am of all cards.

tink27

This is from the tarot book "Tarot Plain And Simple" that came with my Robin Wood deck.

Ace of Wands: Pioneers, Inventors, Entrepreneurs, Adventurers, initiators, those who create.

Ace of Pentalces: Helpers, Hard worders, Sensualists. Those at home with their physical natures. Body builders, Laborers.

Ace of Swords: Champions, Logical authoritative persons, Dominating persons. Those who work in the legal system. Those who struggle for a cause. Surgeons and medical specialties. Those who cut for a living. Sharp-tongued individuals

(I liked what Ladybro said about the Ace of Swords and the wizard)

Ace of Cups: Lovers, Artists, Psychics, Compassionate persons.

tink