The Star and the Nine of Cups

.traveller.

balenciaga said:
If the 9 of cups was ill-dignified in proximity to the Star, the only positive meaning would be "hoping" and "wishing" for a good outcome. Mere wishing and hoping does not make a wish (9 cups Rx or other ill-dignified state) come true, unfortunately.

Ah, so the positive qualities of the Star doesn't mitigate the negativity of the nine.

elvenstar

.traveller. said:
Ah, so the positive qualities of the Star doesn't mitigate the negativity of the nine.
This is all very theoretical but... I think it could :) In my opinion it depends on the whole picture, like how strong was the card giving the negative slant? How negative did it feel to you? For me it's not simple mathematics with dignities and a Major can have a stronger influence the way I see it, it depends on the whole energy of the spread. So if for example I had the 5 of wands followed by the nine of cups followed by the Star, I'd say there's difficulty in the situation, affecting the person's well being and weakening their positive thinking, but they should focus on these positive thoughts and desire for healing, for it is possible and if they help it the happy end is around the corner. So to answer your original question, I think the Star could strengthen the nine.

.traveller.

That is part of what I was wondering, so I have been thinking that things are probably delayed rather than blocked, a short delay rather than a long one, and/or a necessary delay rather than "lump it up, sucker. Ya gotta wait whether you like it or not."

Strangely enough, from an intuitive standpoint, my first thought upon getting these cards was that I was going to have an important dream.

And I did... but it was interrupted, so I am missing the denouement of it.