Morgan Greer Regular or Pocket?

greatdane

For those of you who have both, a preference?

Rhinemaiden

The new M-G pocket in a tin is a delight.... full bleed front and back, vibrant colors, very nice card stock.... and it's in a tin!

I have both full size and the new mini in the tin... the new mini has made me fall in love with this deck all over again. :thumbsup:

MissChiff

Can you believe I have never owned this deck? I am going to purchase the one in a tin...

greatdane

Thanks RhineMaiden and MissChiff

I lobbied for the MG in a pocket and plan to get it. I have the regular size one and it is part of what I consider real working decks when reading for the public. I think many who don't know much or anything about tarot can respond to the big images and like the bright colors.

I was wondering how much of that might be lost in a pocket, but because the images are large and borderless, I'm guessing not much, RhineMaiden?

Rhinemaiden

I lobbied for the MG in a pocket and plan to get it. I have the regular size one and it is part of what I consider real working decks when reading for the public. I think many who don't know much or anything about tarot can respond to the big images and like the bright colors.

I was wondering how much of that might be lost in a pocket, but because the images are large and borderless, I'm guessing not much, RhineMaiden?

I'm going to say NO LOSS in color or detail from regular to pocket -- I compared the 2 sizes when the mni arrived and found them to be the same... if anything, the mini looks better! USG is to be commended, this is really a great new printing. :thumbsup:

greatdane

Thanks Rhinemaiden

I am more concerned if the size seems to diminish the pop much. I am going to guess no?

Rhinemaiden

I am more concerned if the size seems to diminish the pop much. I am going to guess no?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.... guess you'll have to decide that for yourself.

greatdane

of course Rhinemaiden

I only wondered if the size made it much more difficult to see when put on a reading table.
I expect it will be like the larger one, just, well, smaller. Just wondering how much that diminished being able to see it clearly. I'm older and my vision isn't as sharp as ten or twenty years ago.

CornissMagorniss

As much as I like to contemplate high-quality card illustration, those smaller decks in tins do have charm. They are really meant for travel. And the Morgan-Greer illustrations should be clear and bold enough to withstand miniaturization.

Desecrated

I don't like small decks. They feel like playing cards.