Pamela Colman Smith Commemorative Set--100 Years!

Debra

Solandia, your link is giving me "404 File Not Found"

Maybe it's swimming 'cross the sea to America. :)

Grigori

It's working this side of Asia. Its nice that you guys in the States get the delayed release once in a while eh? :D Usually its the other way around :(

Debra

LOL still not working; it's probably standing in line at the bank trying to change Aussie dollars to US greenbacks so it can pay for passage by steamer; the paperwork takes forever.

re-pete-a

Solandia,
Thanks,
looking forward to your results.

re-pete-a

Debra said:
LOL still not working; it's probably standing in line at the bank trying to change Aussie dollars to US greenbacks so it can pay for passage by steamer; the paperwork takes forever.

Perhaps it's still swiming across the big puddle towards you.

Grigori

Debra said:

If it's trying to swap Aussie dollars for US, then it probably can't afford the trip, you might be waiting a while :D Though if it makes you feel better, when the deck itself is released, shipping to this corner of the world will take an extra 1-6 weeks, depending on where we order from. :rolleyes: I guess it all balances out in the end :laugh:

Le Fanu

Love the scans Ive seen here at AT. Even though I use the "Original" and like it (much more than the yellow box one), I can already see striking differences between this one and the Original. Clearer lines, richer colours, less blotting. I like it. I shall buy one as soon as I can. I hope it is going to be widely available, amazon, tarot chest and stuff and not just the U.S Games website. Keen to get - and use - mine!

Mary´s comments about the plasticky coating sound a bit ominous though...

jackdaw*

Hmmm ... they DO look a bit grubby, don't they? Not as much as the Original RW, though. However, the "plasticky" is what worries me. Mary or Solandia, can you give us a comparison to any of USG's other decks? Is it like the "Printed in Italy" decks? Or the Vanessa? Or something else? If the laminate is bad I won't be ordering :( I want this deck to USE, and I can't do a thing with those type of cards.

fyreflye

Umbrae said:
Not true.

Thoth decks are on a boat on their way to distributors. English Thoth is not oop.

But Stuart Kaplan has been relieved of his 40 year old gold mine.
Good to hear about the English language decks, though. But if A G Müller and Urania have been swallowed up by the maker of the fat faded Thoth, who's producing the real Thoths?

Essjay

jackdaw* said:
Hmmm ... they DO look a bit grubby, don't they? Not as much as the Original RW, though. However, the "plasticky" is what worries me. Mary or Solandia, can you give us a comparison to any of USG's other decks? Is it like the "Printed in Italy" decks? Or the Vanessa? Or something else? If the laminate is bad I won't be ordering :( I want this deck to USE, and I can't do a thing with those type of cards.

Ooh yes, I'd love to know too - is it like the Deviant Moon lamination?