Gilded Reverie Lenormand Video Review by Donnaleigh DeLaRose

shadowdancer

just ordered this via amazon. (Looks like the Govt shutdown affected customs which had a knock on effect with expected deliveries).

I would like the additional cards but will wait and see where they are sold from, and the costs involved. Also have Caitlin Matthews deck and book set ordered at the same time.

Asher

Mine has arrived!

I ordered mine from Ciro himself to get the gorgeous matching bag! (It is available separately on his website)

US Games has done an amazing job with the production of this deck, from the gilt edges to the very sturdy box with a magnetic closure. The colors of Ciro's artwork are breathtaking, more vivid I think than his original production.

This is really the only modern deck I read with (although I have several other modern ones), and the Gilded Reverie will take its place with my beloved historical decks in rotation. I use a different deck each week.

Congratulations to Ciro and to US Games!

magpie9

Mine came today...............just beautiful!!

greatdane

Mine is saying due to be SHIPPED NOV 18th! :-(

oh well at least I should hopefully have by Thanksgiving.

shadowdancer

lucky you GD... mine is saying mid December to Mid January :( Post thoughts when you do get it.

In the meantime, I am making a folding board for it. I rarely use GT's, but this deserves to be displayed anyways. Also have some cheap ID card holders on order, which will be placed on the board, with the cards being slotted into them. Should work in theory....lol.

Have you also purchased the PDF that Ciro created for this deck? It is fantastic. Well worth the download.

greatdane

poor Davina! OK I will not complain at all re Nov!

Well it says SHOULD ship on November 18th....we'll see. But on Amazon it looks like they are NOT out of stock now, but saying should ship in two to four weeks. Well, if they were IN STOCK, I wouldn't think it would take that long to ship, but hey, it will get here when it gets here! For the price, worth the wait :).

shadowdancer

For sure it will be worth the wait, but the wait time is excrutiating for me down here in this wee part of the world :D

I could buy it from Ciro, but I just cannot justify $57 US / $70 NZ, especially on the back of having just got back from honeymoon in California.

The PDF has got me wanting to actually dive into a GT for the first time. The thing is, I know it will take me a while to work through it, using all the techniques to get the most out of it. Thus the fact I want to be able to store it so I can go back to it over a few days. A bit like with jigsaw roll-mats. I already have the 2 corregated, lightweight plastic boards. The clear plastic holders should be on their way. Then it is a case of putting it together, along with a few decals to adorn the sides. Pics will be posted when the deck arrives and I have made my folding GT display board

DownUnderNZer

Finally got mine and must say on the most part I really do like it and feel this would be one deck I would use along side the Blue Owl of all the Lenormands I have. So, I will be buying another two as a back up copy to keep and one to just collect. Plus the extra cards when they come out.

However, the only drawback is the MAN and WOMAN cards for me.

They are both facing in the same direction and I feel with the GT it is sometimes important with positions and directions especially with these two key cards. As in do they face one another or away.

The "extras" might have another WOMAN and MAN not facing in the same direction hopefully.

Melia

The "extras" might have another WOMAN and MAN not facing in the same direction hopefully.

I'm sure that's the case. The majority of the extra cards (bar one) will be the same cards issued in Ciro's limited edition deck.

birdsong123

No, the government has nothing to do with the distribution of metaphysical items.... lol

Actually, this time it did. The decks were trapped in customs during the govt shut down. Who would have thought, right?