New Lenoracle next month - Postcards From My Lover

magpie9

I dunno about this one...I like the idea, the image is charming, but I'm not sure it fits stylistically with the rest of the deck.

seven stars

I dunno about this one...I like the idea, the image is charming, but I'm not sure it fits stylistically with the rest of the deck.

You may be right. I was wondering about this one. I never like the cutesy stuff myself.

seven stars

42 The Ferris Wheel

Going again with magpie on this one. 42 is now The Ferris Wheel. This is the sort of imagery that would make me think of situations where people just keep going around & around with the same thing, or similar meanings to the Wheel of Fortune card in Tarot with a change in fortune or luck. How long has it been since any of you remember being on a ferris wheel? It's been quite a few years for me but I remember vividly the exhilaration of going over the top, how different everything looked from that new perspective, and what a scary adrenaline rush it was. After about 3 or 4 times around, I had usually had enough & was ready to get off the thing.

Attachments

• 42 Ferris Wheel.jpg
    42 Ferris Wheel.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 111

magpie9

I just love it! I especially like how big it is in respect to the other rides etc. Being on the Wheel feels huge, especially if you're on the top. The trick is to get off it at the right place...But What a view! I also like how it can carry 2 meanings, the Wheel of Fortune one, and the stuck going around in circles one. Excellent!

ETA:So this is the last one? You're doing so well with this I think you should just keep going for a few more cards! })

seven stars

better with or without?

I thought 6 would be a good number of additional cards - also, do you think people would be more likely to want this deck WITHOUT the stamps? I'm starting to not like the clutter, myself. This is what they'd look like with & without the stamps.

Attachments

• Bunch.jpg
    Bunch.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 100
  • Bunch with stamps.jpg
    Bunch with stamps.jpg
    190 KB · Views: 94

magpie9

I find I like the stamps on some of them, but not all of them. I love the idea of them....but it seems to be a matter of individual white space. Yet there need s to be away of numbering them....maybe if the tamps were smaller or the busier cards? Something like that?

seven stars

I find I like the stamps on some of them, but not all of them. I love the idea of them....but it seems to be a matter of individual white space. Yet there need s to be away of numbering them....maybe if the tamps were smaller or the busier cards? Something like that?

when you're doing a reading, in what way do you reference the numbers? I'm still not getting why they're numbered at all.

Nydia

I like the cards more without the stamps and ink marks. I read earlier in this thread about the stamp itself being the whole card and I like that idea for another deck, if the stamp art looks similar enough.

If you can offer a choice of numbers or not, like borders or not, I think that would make most people happy. I personally like having numbers on the cards, just something small somewhere on the cards. Numbers make it easier to look up a meaning in a list. I also like to write the number with the word when I write down readings. Or a number only can be used as a perhaps quicker way to write a reading down. You wouldn't have to number the few extra cards, because I think it is possible those could change with each deck.

In tarot, I really prefer that the Major Arcana be numbered. That may be why I prefer the Lenormand to have numbers, too.

magpie9

The numbers are handy for looking up meanings in books....a lot of us do that, I certainly do. Also some people add them up together to get another card number that relates to the reading. The inserts are important to a lot of people too, because they give more information about the meaning of the card. I don't do anything with the inserts, myself, maybe someday. You have given people choices about these things in the past...it might be the way to go, again.The numbers and inserts are both very traditional, and matter a lot to some people.
But I am thinking that if you do numbers, maybe something smaller and less intrusive would be the way to go. The snowflake you did on the Natalie Rose solstice was really nice. It added to the picture without any clutter. Tiny stamps would work, like on the butterfly card.

seven stars

Very well, numbers it is....

I'm doing this for the card backs - every cardback is different but with the same border.

Attachments

• postcard backs.jpg
    postcard backs.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 101