Aeclectic Tarot
Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum

XI Justice--Archeon Tarot

> Aeclectic Tarot Forum > Tarot Special Interest > Tarot Study Groups > Individual Deck Studies > Archeon Tarot

Citizen

Location: Wishing it was Middle-Earth...but it's just Colorado, USA
FaerieStorm 
Post XI Justice--Archeon Tarot

Lantz has played it safe with this one--for the most part--by incorporating the traditional elements: blindfolded woman (Lady Justice), scales, and sword.

Lady Justice: she's obviously a young woman, but beyond that who can tell. Her blindfold looks more like a missing part of her face; it seems as though she's MISSING her eyes, rather than just blindfolded.

Scales: they're tipped, and they're also in the foreground which gives them great importance in this card. They're pitch black: no variation in color or value. Perhaps the solid color indicates a solid, blank-and-white view, which is very indicative of many justice systems.

Sword: It's facing downward: could indicate mercy.

BULLET HOLES: in the background, Lantz incorporated splotches that look very much like bullet holes. They may be splotches of paint, but they seem more like bullet holes IMO. This may indicate the NEED for justice. It could also indicate someone being treated unjustly (like, well, getting shot).

The BLUE & WHITE color scheme gives a somber, withdrawn feel to Justice. Is Lantz trying to say that justice is emotionally empty? Are we to view justice as something sad or withdrawn? Maybe he just liked the blue colors; I know I do.

Thoughts?

-FS
Top   #1
An strange animal

annik 

As I looked at the card for a first impression, I got the impression that it could give a verdict at any time, under any condition.

I think this card is extremely well done Justice.
Top   #2
Citizen

Sar 

The Blue colourings makes the justice cold to me...
Top   #3
Citizen

Sanctum_Priest 

The lack of eyes could indicate that Justice is unbiased and treats all the same; or it could mean undiscriminating in the sense of not taking account of the circumstances. The LWB imples the latter more negative aspect: "she is impartial swift and unyielding."
Top   #4

Tarot Cards & Reviews Free Tarot Readings Tarot Books Tarot Card Meanings Tarot Forum
Aeclectic Tarot Forum Links
· Tarot
· Tarot Special Interest
· Beyond Tarot
· Forum Library

Aeclectic Tarot Categories
· Angel Decks
· Dark & Gothic Decks
· Goddess Decks
· Fairy Decks
· Doreen Virtue Decks
· Beginner Decks
· Cat Decks
· Pagan & Wiccan Decks
· Ancient Egyptian Decks
· Celtic Decks
· Lenormand Decks
· Rider-Waite Decks
· Marseilles Decks
· Thoth Decks
· Oracle Decks
· List All Decks
· Popular Tarot Decks
· Available Decks
· Tarot Books
· What's New

Copyright © 1996 - 2019 Aeclectic Tarot. All rights reserved. Privacy Policy. Contact us.